TMA Events and Activites > TMA Postal Shoots

April Comments For Our April 2017 - TMA Silhouette Results

<< < (6/7) > >>

Winter Hawk:
Well dang, I just reread the rules and saw that I screwed up royal.  Yes siree, I see that I was supposed to write my moniker on each target and forgot to do that.  :Doh!  I reckon that invalidates my April score.  Ah, ratselpuss. 

Well, it's better than when I went through the NCO academy for the National Guard.  On the map & orienteering exercise we were given four sets of coordinates and a map.  At each of the coordinate sets on the ground, was a fence post with a coffee can inside of which was a code name.  We were to go to each point in turn and write down the code name in sequence on our assignment sheet.  Being a land surveyor and used to working with maps in the woods, I found all of the points in jig time.  The instructors were highly impressed that I was done a good half hour before anyone else.  Unfortunately, I did not write the points down in the correct sequence, so I failed the class.  Shuckey darn!  Live and learn, I guess!  :laffing

~WH~

Ohio Joe:

--- Quote from: Winter Hawk on April 24, 2017, 09:35:26 PM ---Well dang, I just reread the rules and saw that I screwed up royal.  Yes siree, I see that I was supposed to write my moniker on each target and forgot to do that.

~WH~

--- End quote ---

NCO school also taught us to take initiative, and boy did you get lucky or what! I was an NCO as well,,, so I forged your moniker!!! How 'bout that! You're good to go! Compliments of the 1st Infantry Division....  :hairy

Winter Hawk:

--- Quote from: Ohio Joe on April 24, 2017, 10:41:29 PM ---NCO school also taught us to take initiative, and boy did you get lucky or what! I was an NCO as well,,, so I forged your moniker!!! How 'bout that! You're good to go! Compliments of the 1st Infantry Division....
--- End quote ---
Thank you muchly!

I really don't remember what our unit was.  My active duty time was in the Navy from June '62 through Nov. '65.  Then in 1982 I was working on the Tongass National Forest and some of the people in the office were in the Guard, on landing craft.  It seemed like a great deal, get to play with boats and paid for it so I re-upped.  Later I was in Oregon in an artillery unit as surveyor, then Navy Reserve as engineering aide, back to the Guard as forward observer (all in Oregon).... Went back to the Tongass and on the boats.  Then the governor decided that the boats cost too much and sent them to Washington and I was in a Scout battalion.  Somehow "they" lost all my time except for my active duty.  It was restored by a friend who was in headquarters after I sent him all my LESs, but a year later it happened again.  It was getting harder and harder to keep up with the young bucks so I said "the heck with it" and went inactive.  I did enjoy my time in, though.

~WH~

amm1851:
Thanks to both of you for your service.  :bow

Ohio Joe:
Thank you amm1851  :shake

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version