TMA Events and Activites > TMA Postal Shoots

May 2019 Monthly Postal Match Results

<< < (4/5) > >>

prairie dog:
BTW, if anyone seriously want tips from my method of shooting and load development I have it posted on my website here;
http://traditionalmuzzleloader.com/index.php/developing-an-accurate-load-for-a-black-powder-muzzleloading-rifle

There is more than one way to skin a catfish, but that's what works for me. 

Ohio Joe:
I have your site saved in my favorites, Steve. Next week (after my grandson heads back home) I plan on digging in to it. Looks like some great info there!  :hairy

prairie dog:
Thanks Joe,

It's just there to pass along what i've learned from others along the trail.

Nessmuk:
Steve, that's  a fine pistol and you do it justice, however, I'm  going to keep competing in pistols. You never know, you might have an off day!

prairie dog:
Hey, I am capable of missing at any time. 

Seriously, I only compete with my earlier scores.  I find if I'm not shooting for score I tend to get worse.  Competing makes me try for my best and if I'm getting better I'm happy whether I come in first or last.  The postal matches give me motivation or excuse to go shoot at least once a month and reason to work on my off hand shooting.  I'm not very happy with my rifle scores so I gotta focus on that.  I'm having a time learning to follow through with the flintlock. 

I don't know which pistol you are shooting but I found that the most common pistols have the wrong twist.  A cut down rifle barrel just doesn't shoot as well as a barrel with a 1-18 or 1-16 twist pistol barrel.  That make a huge difference in accuracy. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version