Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: R. Pierce Mo. white flints !  (Read 1865 times)

Offline Roaddog

• TMA Forum Member
  • TMA Member: TMA Paid Member # 247 Expires 3/15 / 2019
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2010, 06:17:36 AM »
Why?
Minnesota TMA State Representative

Member #247

Offline mark davidson

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2010, 09:50:36 AM »
I ordered some last week by e mail but have not gotten them yet nor have I gotten a confirmation that my order was received. I look forward to trying them if they do indeed come.

Online Two Steps

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA Charter Member
  • TMA Member: TMA Charter Member #47 Expires 3/22/23
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2010, 10:20:22 AM »
Mark, if you told him the size you need and gave him your address, they'll be there, along with a bill.  If they fit your need...send him the payment...if they don't...just send them back.  Great way to do business with someone huh?  I don't remember getting anything from Rich telling me that he rec'vd my order...the flints have just shown up inn my mail.  FWIW, they work better in some of my locks than in others...but they do work.  Hope they work out for you.
Al
Two Steps/Al Bateman
I envy no man that knows more than myself,
and pity them that know less.  (Sir T. Brown)

TMA Charter Member 47

Offline mark davidson

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2010, 02:22:40 PM »
Thanks, I look forward to trying them. That is indeed a gentleman's way of doing business. That kind of trust is not common these days.

Offline Gordon H.Kemp

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2010, 04:04:36 PM »
When I put in my order He had 20 dozen ahead of my order .  He said at the time , the orders were comming in pretty fast. Hang in there , He"ll get to pretty quisk.
Gordy
TMA Charter Member #144
Expires 3/14/2013

Offline jtwodogs

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2011, 07:12:35 PM »
Just got mine today. No more hangfires. These flints are sparky for sure. They are awesome.
#423 renew 3/14/10
George Washington
" It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and Bible."
 May 12, 1779

Offline W. Welshman

• TMA Forum Member
    • http://www.theweavingwelshman.com/home
  • TMA Member: 321
(No subject)
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2011, 08:48:55 PM »
I place a order last week, Mr. Pierce said , He was three weeks out on orders and had snow on the ground.That isn't bad, I can wait.
Idaho North TMA State Representative

http://www.theweavingwelshman.com/home

Offline Double Barrel

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2011, 10:04:58 PM »
I got my second dozen white river rocks from Mr. Pierce last week.  I think it took about 3 weeks to get them.  Probably less.  I wasn't chomping at the bit to get them.  I have had nothing but good luck with these flints.  They are sparky to be sure.  I have installed them on my four flintlocks of varying make and quality.  I have given some away to other shooters on the range who were suffering with non sparkers.  Mr. Pierce is a first rate businessman.  He sends you the flints for your trial and approval before he accepts your payment.  If you don't like them, send them back on your dime.  He also includes an interesting information sheet detailing his process for harvesting and knapping these flints.

If you're looking for a sparky flint at a reasonable price, these are your rocks.
Double Barrel
TMA Member #236
EXP 5/16/12
Huron Muzzleloaders (Member #2)

"An armed society is a polite society.  Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."  --Robert A. Heinlein

Luke 22:36

Offline rich pierce

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2011, 10:19:54 PM »
My real job, lots of orders, snow on the ground and November back surgery set me back a little.  I certainly dropped some orders when I was hurting pre- and immediately post-surgery, so if your order got dropped, please contact me again at longtrekflints@gmail.com.  I'm healthy and happy post-surgery, but there's still snow on the ground and work is still pressing me.  So as noted, I'm still running 20 or 25 dozen behind.  Doing my best to catch up.  Meanwhile if you run short, try the English flints that Stonewall Creek Outfitters sell.  Theirs are the best and most consistent English flints I've seen.

Online BEAVERMAN

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA: TMA Vice President
  • TMA Member: Charter Member #145
(No subject)
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2011, 10:36:58 PM »
Quote from: "rich pierce"
My real job, lots of orders, snow on the ground and November back surgery set me back a little.  I certainly dropped some orders when I was hurting pre- and immediately post-surgery, so if your order got dropped, please contact me again at longtrekflints@gmail.com.  I'm healthy and happy post-surgery, but there's still snow on the ground and work is still pressing me.  So as noted, I'm still running 20 or 25 dozen behind.  Doing my best to catch up.  Meanwhile if you run short, try the English flints that Stonewall Creek Outfitters sell.  Theirs are the best and most consistent English flints I've seen.

Rich, good to hear your on the mend, no quit sleeping and get busy!!!! :lol:  :lol:
Jim Smith
TMA Vice President
Charter Member #145  EXPIRATION 1/21/25
Green River Mountain Men
Peninsula Longrifles
WSMA
U.S.M.C.
BSA                    

"An armed man is a citizen,..an unarmed man is a subject!"