snake eyes:
Ron,
       Well put!
snake-eyes

Ohio Joe:
Well put, Ron  :rt th

Uncle Russ:
I enjoy that more with each reading!
Really, really good words that carry a powerful impact with many of us old-timers.

Uncle Russ...

Rocklock:
M & M. Magnumitis and Money.  Folks have been sold so much bigger and faster is better and farther on everything that they apply it to all sports. ...  golf, archery, skiing, motorcycles, 4 wheelers, etc. hell a .30-06 ain't big enough or bad enough and u need to laser the range to a half a yard and dial it intp a computer actuated compensating 20x-+ scope.

Manufacturers make $ developing stuff you just gotta have then spend some $ making you believe you gotta have it and more $ bribing guvment types to pass laws so the latest whiz bang is now legal. And where does all that ad and bribe $ come from?  The poor schmucks who buy the whiz bang.

RobD:
to each their own, it's all subjective one way or another.  i've had some purty powerful modern firearms over the decades, and once an apex of sorts was attained i just kept backsliding into the 19th and 18th centuries.  now all i have are ml's and bpcr's, all loaded with real back powder and shooting pure lead or lead alloy.  the only modern firearm i have is a 357mag, for home protection and s/d.  the kids of this 21st century either get it or don't, most don't and will follow the lead of their peers into the world of the ar15's and their pseudo military ilk.  though flicks like 'the last of the mohicans' and 'the revenant' help, it can still be a tough row to hoe in getting the ranks of trad ml increased, indeed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version