TMA Events and Activites > TMA Postal Shoots

2nd Half Of Our TMA Silhouette Season Opened Up Today

<< < (3/3)

Uncle Russ:
Winter Hawk, FWIW..........The longer you know Joe, the more you will trust him to do the "right" thing!

As a Founder, Joe introduced the Postal matches to the TMA over 12 years ago and, to the best of my knowledge, there has never been a "contested score"...Joe has a very good eye, if you had a really close look and say it won't make the grade, there's a good chance Joe will end up agreeing with you.

In such close calls, Joe does do something the majority of us never mess around with...he will press the paper from the back of the target to make the hit more exactly defined, along with several other of his little tricks.....something I never do, if it looks like it might be a miss, I just suck it up and move on.
Joe will actually labor over that definition, just to get it right....sometimes the shooter will be  thinking it is a hit when it turns out it wasn't, sometimes it's the other way around, and I personally think that is a good thing.

Personally, I love shooting the "Silly-Wet" targets.
There's days when I'm lucky and right on, but there's a lot more days that I can't seem to be able to hit anything, and as well know....the "harder" you try, the worse it gets.

Any day I find myself chasing that front sight I know, at the end of the day, it's going to be a really bad day, and God only knows how many of those days I've had over the years.
Old age is just not your friend in the shooting game!

And I can tell you that with .9895431% certainty, you ol' math wizard!  :laffing   :lol sign

Uncle Russ...

Ohio Joe:

--- Quote from: Winter Hawk on August 10, 2017, 12:53:59 PM ---
--- Quote from: Ohio Joe on August 09, 2017, 08:12:21 PM ---WH, I'm seeing 3 of 3 on the turkey (as per our touch rule) that is considered a hit here still in 2017.
--- End quote ---

The targets are in the mail.  When you get it, you will see that it is close, but no prize.  I stay with 2 hits on the turkey!  But thank you for giving the benefit of the doubt. :toast

~WH~

--- End quote ---

Winter Hawk, you touched it by a hair (thickness) but you did in fact nick/touch that Turkey. I'm bound by our 2017 scoring rules - so it is scored a hit. :shake

Winter Hawk:

--- Quote from: Ohio Joe on August 14, 2017, 07:57:01 PM ---Winter Hawk, you touched it by a hair (thickness) but you did in fact nick/touch that Turkey.
--- End quote ---

I think you just feel sorry for me!  Thank you just the same. :toast

~WH~

Ohio Joe:

--- Quote from: Winter Hawk on August 14, 2017, 08:26:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: Ohio Joe on August 14, 2017, 07:57:01 PM ---Winter Hawk, you touched it by a hair (thickness) but you did in fact nick/touch that Turkey.
--- End quote ---

I think you just feel sorry for me!  Thank you just the same. :toast

~WH~

--- End quote ---

The scoring ring overlay, calipers, and an un'shot target under your target tells the tale... :bl th up  :shake

Winter Hawk:
Okay, okay, I'll take it already!   :laffing

~WH~

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version