Traditional Firearms > Flintlock Long Guns

Blackening stuff.

<< < (2/3) > >>

KDubs:
Well I took an hour before work today to test fit everything.
 Wow , just fantastic. Snaps together , pins popped right in.
 Fantastic spark from the frizzen.
 I'm thinking now that I may just polish/ clean everything and leave it be, set aside a few coats of tru oil.
 [ Invalid Attachment ]
Kevin

Winter Hawk:
BOY, you guys!  Now I have to sell off all my ML guns to afford to buy a Kibler kit.  I'm too old to expect an inheritance from some unknown relative....

~Kees~

BEAVERMAN:

--- Quote from: Winter Hawk on July 29, 2023, 11:44:04 AM ---BOY, you guys!  Now I have to sell off all my ML guns to afford to buy a Kibler kit.  I'm too old to expect an inheritance from some unknown relative....

~Kees~

--- End quote ---

Kees, welcome to my world, I had to sell 3 to buy mine, a Trade Gun Kit, a TC Patriot, and a 58 Cabelas Hawken,  no big deal, they were for sale anyway, just luck I was able to move them all in time for the 10 percent off in July from Kibler, saved 130 bux on the kit and lock!, basically that paid for the shipping and handling.

waksupi:
Rust blue the lock, that should get you pretty close to the color you want.

Winter Hawk:

--- Quote from: waksupi on July 30, 2023, 08:03:52 AM ---Rust blue the lock, that should get you pretty close to the color you want.

--- End quote ---
I've used LMF browning solution to blue several barrels, and got a very pleasant, almost black color.

~Kees~

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version