TMA Events and Activites > TMA Postal Shoots

2018 "March" Monthly Postal Match Results

(1/8) > >>

Ohio Joe:
March 2018 - 25 Yards Offhand - Rifle - TMA-BF-5B2 Target (1 Shot Per Bull) 5 Total Shots

Axe....................37-0x
BlackPowderBill....34-0x
No Powder...........27-0x
Ohio Joe.............19-1x
SharpStick..........17-0X
PaulK.................09-0X
Winter Hawk......(        ) Turned in without shooting it. Thanks for the donation ~kees~  :shake

Uncle Russ:

--- Quote from: Ohio Joe on March 04, 2018, 08:38:28 PM ---March 2018 - 25 Yards Offhand - Rifle - TMA-BF-5B2 Target (1 Shot Per Bull) 5 Total Shots

Axe....................37-0x

--- End quote ---
:hairy

Good shooting Mark!
I saw your target on Facebook, it looked real good.

Uncle Russ...

Ohio Joe:
Got out this morning and shot my March target with my converted (cap to flint) rifle. Nothing to write home about as you can see. Started at the top left and got a 10X right off the bat,,, then moved to shot two (top right) a 9,,, was feeling pretty good about my cap to flint conversion and then it fell apart on shots 3, 4, and 5, all three of those shots marking high right from my center bull aiming point??? It didn't feel like I was flinching at all on any of the shots I took, but I must have been on those last three... :Doh!  Regardless of the score it was great to get out and shoot after such a long time off from it.  :bl th up

Here's the rifle I used. Also, I got to use my new shooting bag I made over the winter. You know, a person may not think about it but familiarizing one's self with new equipment is part of this shooting game as well.  :bl th up

Ohio Joe:

--- Quote from: Ohio Joe on March 14, 2018, 02:06:07 PM ---Got out this morning and shot my March target with my converted (cap to flint) rifle. Nothing to write home about as you can see. Started at the top left and got a 10X right off the bat,,, then moved to shot two (top right) a 9,,, was feeling pretty good about my cap to flint conversion and then it fell apart on shots 3, 4, and 5, all three of those shots marking high right from my center bull aiming point??? It didn't feel like I was flinching at all on any of the shots I took, but I must have been on those last three... :Doh!  Regardless of the score it was great to get out and shoot after such a long time off from it.  :bl th up

Here's the rifle I used. Also, I got to use my new shooting bag I made over the winter. You know, a person may not think about it but familiarizing one's self with new equipment is part of this shooting game as well.  :bl th up

--- End quote ---

Well I now know what my problem was. It wasn't flinching at all (yet I can't explain my first two shots being good ones),,, however,,, I went out to my workshop to look at a couple sight work orders I have to do some work on for a couple guys this coming Spring,,, and guess what I found???

A note to myself on my work clip board saying;

"Rework Matthew's Rear Rifle Sight To Match Front Sight" (Matthew's Rifle is the Rifle I converted to Flint, the one you see above - that he doesn't shoot anymore since going off to college almost 4 years ago...

So,,, sure enough the rear sight was to high and was canted just enough to where it was most likely the cause of shooting high right... O'kay,,, it's fixed now...

I need to read my workshop clip board more often!  :Doh! However, it was still fun getting out and shooting today. It's 70 degrees right now! Cold and snow in the forecast this weekend of course...  ::) :P 

Winter Hawk:

--- Quote from: Ohio Joe on March 14, 2018, 04:33:43 PM ---However, it was still fun getting out and shooting today. It's 70 degrees right now! Cold and snow in the forecast this weekend of course...
--- End quote ---

You can send some of that over here - 27o this morning with spitting snow, and it hasn't gotten much better!

-Kees-

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version