Shooting Traditional Firearms and Weapons > Long Range Muzzleloading

200 Yard Target

(1/4) > >>

Ohio Joe:
I think I'm going to try my B-18 (pistol targets) at an actual 200 yards with my Flintlock Rifle / offhand. It measures; 18-1/2" x 32" (so there's really no scale involved here) - as what you see is what you get (crotch to top of shoulder - on the average size man / give or take a little here or there);

I want to say that my intent is not to take away from Miner 49er's 200-yd "shingle" challenge from 100 yards (which I will shoot once decent weather gets here) / but I do prefer to know exactly what I can do with the ol' Flintlock from 200 yards "Offhand" against a full size "upper" target of a potential enemy from this 200 yard distance...

Still waiting for decent Range weather...  :shake

Nessmuk:
Sorry, Joe. That's the Miner 49er's challenge. I was just first to try it!

Ohio Joe:
LOL! Yes it is  :Doh!

I'll do a bit of editing...  :shake

RobD:
A noble quest, Joe, but I'd say go with some manner of rifle rest rather than offhand.  Even at 100 yards, offhand is pretty iffy, and is one strike against accuracy.

Ohio Joe:

--- Quote from: RobD on February 20, 2023, 07:43:14 AM ---A noble quest, Joe, but I'd say go with some manner of rifle rest rather than offhand.  Even at 100 yards, offhand is pretty iffy, and is one strike against accuracy.

--- End quote ---

This is true Rob, and I do plan on using (my long going project bench) at least until I get the "200 yard range" again... It's been awhile since I went out to 200... (Probably because I didn't want to make a 400 yard round trip "twice" to set & pickup" my target...  :laffing

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version