Shooting Traditional Firearms and Weapons > Long Range Muzzleloading

OMG just doesn't quite describe this one!

(1/4) > >>

The Miner '49er:
Believe it or not, but one of TMA's own is the first "latter-day Sharpshooter" to join Captain Morgan's rifle wielding cream of the crop shooters. If you have been following the postal matches for the past few years, it will come as no surprise that Tom Faidley, No Powder, nailed the mini shingle, the one Nessmuk dubbed the postage stamp target at 100 yards, standing, cold bore, one shot. Tom's target says it all. To quote the late, great Gunny: OUTSTANDING!

Ohio Joe:
Good on No Powder!!!  :hairy

I never doubted for a second that he'd get it done. The man is a shooting machine!!! And a dang good one!!!  :toast :shake

The Miner '49er:
Remember, No Powder might be the first to join Morgan's guys, but Morgan had two companies of Sharpshooters, so there is room for many more who have the right stuff. If you achieve it, pm me a clear picture of your target with all the info like NoPo put on his. Do that, and I'll mail you a wallet sized portrait of Alexander Hamilton. Hopefully you will treat yourself to some Sam Adams lager, or whatever you enjoy after a great day of shooting.   :toast

Bigsmoke:
Right good shooting there, NoPo.
It's a good thing that we operate on the line cut gets the score.  What a shame if we were going more than half the ball.
Keep up the good work.
John

Ohio Joe:
I personally have never really cared for the "half in or better" scoring... A hit target is a hit target regardless if the target receives the full brunt of impact. Why the NMLRA ever went with "half or better" cutting the scoring line to get the higher score value is beyond me??? I expect they did it to be different from the the NRA?

Now if Tom's shot is to be determined that that Shingle's Top is the top of an enemy's shoulder blades / well, that enemy is done for (no throat left)!  If'n it's the top of his head / skull fracture and brains seeping out... :shake

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version