Shooting Traditional Firearms and Weapons > Long Range Muzzleloading

OMG just doesn't quite describe this one!

<< < (4/4)

No Powder:
Is it funny the way things workout. Did you have to change the breech plug and tang or was that Douglas barrel a replacement barrel for a TC ? I didn't know if Douglas made a replacement barrel for a TC or not.Congratulations on winning that match with your Renegade. Do you think there was an issue with the TC barrel ?

Bigsmoke:

--- Quote from: No Powder on March 13, 2023, 05:54:11 PM ---Is it funny the way things workout. Did you have to change the breech plug and tang or was that Douglas barrel a replacement barrel for a TC ? I didn't know if Douglas made a replacement barrel for a TC or not.Congratulations on winning that match with your Renegade. Do you think there was an issue with the TC barrel ?

--- End quote ---

The Douglas barrel was threaded the same as the Renegade, so it was just a simple matter of swapping them out.

I think this was prior to the concept of replacement barrels.  I just got lucky that things were the same.

I was in my 20's when I got that Renegade, so I had lots of time and energy to go to the range and shoot for a couple of hours a few times a week.  Plus I probably went to a club shoot or a rendezvous almost every weekend a month from April to October.  No idea how many pounds of powder I went through in those days.  I think I just wore the poor, old barrel out.  Ah, those were the days.

John (Bigsmoke)

RobD:
Great shooting as always, Tom!  :bl th up :bl th up  :shake   :*:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version