Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: DO YOU WEAR YOUR RIFLE POUCH ON THE RIGHT OR LEFT AND WHY?  (Read 3774 times)

Offline greyhunter

• TMA Forum Member
  • TMA Member: Membership #291, Expires 2/11/2019
do you wear..........
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2008, 09:19:45 PM »
Wear my possibles bag on the left (I'm a righty). Powder horn with antler powder measure attached , on the right, ball board and pan charger around my neck. Anything I need for a second shot is at hand and not in the bag.  When I need a haversack it is under the horn on the right, faster retreive of trail snacks.  ;)
Pa. TMA State Representative.[/color]
Member#291  2/11/19

Offline Roaddog

• TMA Forum Member
  • TMA Member: TMA Paid Member # 247 Expires 3/15 / 2019
(No subject)
« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2008, 07:37:13 AM »
I'm right handed and carry bag and horn on left. just feels right.
Minnesota TMA State Representative

Member #247

Offline Sir Michael

• TMA Forum Member
  • TMA: TMA Store
  • TMA Member: Charter Member #132
(No subject)
« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2008, 08:26:04 PM »
1/2 a bottle of Champaign latter and after not reading all of the 4 pages of posts on this topic I'll ask the obvious question.   :lol:   I'm sure that during the time, bags and horns were worn in as many variations as we can come up with today.  It is however, interesting the reasoning behind each person's choice.

Keep those cards and letters coming. :shake
Sir Michael
Charter Member #132

Offline Three Hawks

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2008, 04:59:20 PM »
I'm right handed and wear my shooting pouch and horn on the left, high enough to clamp under my elbow when moving quickly.  I have a much easier time filling my measure without spilling as well.

I too, worry about sparks when I see someone, especially a flinter carrying his horn on the same side he shoots from.   I think Range Safety Officers, or anyone for that matter who sees a shooter shooting while his horn is unplugged should say something to the shooter.   Same-o same-o loading directly from the horn.  

Three Hawks
TMA #360
????? ?a??
Whatever doesn't kill me had better start running.

Offline flintlock62

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2009, 10:55:29 PM »
I am a left hander, who shoots right handed, carries his bag on the right and powder his horn on the left.  Being a lefty in a right hander's world, I find I am more proficient when I use both hands for different tasks.

Left hander's are the only one's in their right minds.
Firearms are second only to the Constitution in importance; they are the peoples' liberty's teeth.  - George Washington

Polititions and diapers need be changed often, and for the same reason.