Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: DIXIE GUN WORKS TENNESSEE MOUNTAIN RIFLE  (Read 3099 times)

Offline swampman

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2009, 06:02:30 AM »
I had the flintlock, and the lock never was quite right.  I saw one a couple of gunshows back real cheap but it needed a make over.  Whoever assembled it didn't even finish the metal or the stock.  I would have been fun as a project.
"In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box."

Steve Symms, US Senator from Idaho, 1990

Offline Mike R

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 08:39:18 AM »
Quote from: "Chief1942"
I am the proud owner of a Dixie "Poor Boy" model of that rifle (has a round patch lube hole in the stock instead of a metal patch box) that is Left handed flint in 50 cal. Don't shoot it much since I'm a terrible flint knapper and there's not a lot available in my rural area. It currently resides over my bay window in my computer room and I see it constantly. Love the lines of the thing even if it is on the heavy side.

flints are available through the mail from several sources and run about $1.25 -$1.50 apiece, so no excuses! get it down and shoot it! :)
Ch Mbr#53 ,dues in Feb

Offline tg

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2009, 05:38:40 PM »
Rich Pierce is selling flints that are from Missouri if I recall and the price is good and they are sparky, he is listed in most trade blankets on the various forums.