Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Well, what's the snow report?  (Read 711 times)

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
Well, what's the snow report?
« on: December 30, 2019, 09:52:11 AM »
We got quite a bit, or at least it seems that way...With the wind I have 3 to 4 foot snow drifts, but my alley is actually open. No one was more surprised then me to see that...

The City ran a front'end loader down it two out of the last four days, and that's good... I must of raised enough hell with 'em - letting them know that; "if you want folks not to park on the streets because of snow removal - you best get your head out'a your rear end and clear the alley ways, 'cause none of us will be able to get out and spend money here in town, and that hurts you - way more then us, 'as when we're able to get out you can bet we won't be spending our dollars here in town, we'll be drive over to Chardron (25 miles east) and spend our dollars because their streets and the highway leading there is open!!! We have mighty long memories in this small town of how our tax paying dollars were spent - either to keep us snowed in, or plowed out... We haven't forgotten last winter when we were so damn snowed in our Alley's 'cause yo did the streets and left us to fend for ourselves in the Alley ways where you made us park.

Perhaps my little rant did some good? I expect they heard this a lot - last year, and remembered it...
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Offline Oldetexian

• TMA BoD
  • TMA: Virginia State Rep.
  • TMA Member: TMA Supporting Member #831, expiration 4/17/2021
Re: Well, what's the snow report?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2019, 05:09:05 PM »
 :hairy :hairy :hairy :lol sign
Virginia State Rep.
TMA BoD

"fiat justitia ruat caelum"
(let justice be done though the heavens fall)

Ray Buchanan

Offline doggoner

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA: Supporting Member # 687
  • TMA Member: Membership Expiration; 9/2021
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2019, 09:08:56 PM »
Ohio Joe

My dad had a saying that he got from his granddad. My dad was born in 1917 so the saying goes back to the middle of the 19th century as least. It was "the squeaking wheel gets the grease." Makes a lot of sense to me and seemed to have worked for you.

doggoner
"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," --Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2019, 11:17:42 PM »
Ohio Joe

My dad had a saying that he got from his granddad. My dad was born in 1917 so the saying goes back to the middle of the 19th century as least. It was "the squeaking wheel gets the grease." Makes a lot of sense to me and seemed to have worked for you.

doggoner

Yes sir, heard that saying many a times growing up. My dad was born in 1913...

I wasn't the only one in town here who gave the City Council an ear full about last winter... They must of gotten the message, so I'm at least thankful they listened to us. Of course it's still early in the "snow" season...

Offline doggoner

• TMA: Supporting Member # 687
  • TMA Member: Membership Expiration; 9/2021
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2019, 11:56:42 AM »
Joe

Just keep "squeaking." It can't hurt.

doggoner
"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," --Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

Online Nessmuk

• TMA BoD
  • 2019 thru 2023 Postal Match Director
  • TMA Member: TMA Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2019, 12:59:31 PM »
Joe, give us their  Email address. We'll  start a campaign  that'll  have the Mayor shoveling  your drive personally .  :hairy
I'm  not  H/C or P/C or even a particularly  good shot but I have a hell of a good time!

Dedicated to the TMA.
Join us, Friend

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2019, 04:06:23 PM »
Well thanks fella's, I appreciate that. They seem to have it under control this winter, so as they say... Let sleeping dogs lay...  :shake

Offline Uncle Russ

• TMA Founder. Walk softly & carry a big Smoothbore!
  • TMA Member: Founder / Charter Member #004
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2020, 03:57:27 AM »
Joe, give us their  Email address. We'll  start a campaign  that'll  have the Mayor shoveling  your drive personally .  :hairy

Now THAT is funny!  :lol sign

I'm glad Joe may his problem solved. I was watching the storm that hit last year pretty close, and I saw pictures of what Joe had to put up with at his place. My own situation wasn't a whole lot better, but I did finally manage to get walkways and driveways clean after my daughter got me a new Snowblower....that shoveling is for young men and will whup an old man's butt real quick, especially when you get 42" in two days....Then it's time to bring in the Power Equipment, I know this to be a fact!

But now it seems Joe has got a little grease on squeaky wheel and life may be good again....we'll see.
It's the many things we don't do that totally sets us apart.
TMA Co-Founder / Charter Member# 4

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2020, 04:39:42 AM »
42" in two days

Wow!!! Russ, that is a lot of snow!!!

I'll never complain again about what I get here... It sure do make a feller long for warm weather, that's a fact... (Well unless that person likes snow - which I'm not overly fond of anymore)...  :shake

Offline Uncle Russ

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2020, 05:09:43 AM »
Joe, tell me....are we the only nuts in the whole wide world, to be up, and on a stupid computer at the ungodly hour of 2am??
Makes me wonder about the both of us... :toast

I have a problem that even Lunesta, 3mg, and a CPAP machine can't whup. Plus I eat Melatonin like it is candy!
So, what do I do? I read stupid ballistic tables, cast ball harness effectiveness, and other nonsense until I'm numb, then I lay back down....if that doesn't work I get up and I make a pot of strong black coffee and wait on the sunrise, nothing like a beautiful sunrise on the mountains of fresh snow to fill the heart and soul with good thoughts.....Jus'sayin

Spotted Bull

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2020, 05:29:55 AM »
Joe, tell me....are we the only nuts in the whole wide world, to be up, and on a stupid computer at the ungodly hour of 2am??

4 nights a week Uncle Russ, I'm up at 2 am. My shift runs from 8:30 pm to 8:30 am.

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2020, 10:20:25 AM »
Joe, tell me....are we the only nuts in the whole wide world, to be up, and on a stupid computer at the ungodly hour of 2am?? Makes me wonder about the both of us... :toast

:laffing

Well my friend, I'll admit that normally I'm in bed that time of morning / night, but last night I ran Cindy over to the emergency room in Chadron, (nothing serious) she has a urinary track infection and was just kind'a miserable.., - she's okay, got some medicine for it, but the ol' gal was pretty miserable there for a'while...

Now both Cindy and I had a good laugh over there at the ER when they asked,,, "are you pregnant?" ('course they have to ask that) - we both started laughing, and the nurse say's,,, "I'll take that as a no..." :laffing

All is good... Got back home and since I was awake, I figured I'd see how the night owls live here at the TMA at 3:00 in the morning...   :shake :hairy

Offline Uncle Russ

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2020, 01:45:34 PM »

4 nights a week Uncle Russ, I'm up at 2 am. My shift runs from 8:30 pm to 8:30 am.
That's good, David
Four 12's straight, with three days off, is what I was working when I retired from Civil Service back in 1995.
I liked that, especially when my days off landed on a Holiday Weekend.
My wife kept up with things like that and had the Travel Trailer loaded two or three days in advance, that was the good times, we practically lived in that little 24' Trailer for several years prior to retirement, then we spent 10 months straight on the road after retirement, but that got old to me after we had traveled all over the US, looking for "Greener Grass" to retire in...ended up back in Washington State as we had decided that greener grass just wasn't out there for us, so we quit looking.

Spotted Bull

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2020, 06:40:29 PM »
Yep Uncle Rusa, that's one of the good things about this shift. It's actually 3 1/2 twelve hour shifts. I get off at 2:30 am Thursday morning and dont go back til 8:30 pm Sunday. The wife and I can get up Thursday morning and head out for a nice weekend whenever she can get off of work. Or I can spend the days playing with my grandson, too.