Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: English Flintlock Sporting Gun  (Read 3689 times)

Offline sse

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA Founder
  • TMA: TMA Co-Founder, Charter Member, BoD.
  • TMA Member: Charter Member #3
Re: English Flintlock Sporting Gun
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2019, 01:47:26 PM »
beautiful...one thing i would like is smoothbore, just one of 'em, not a whole rack
Regards, sse

Consider joining the TMA...If you're not a member, you're missing out...

TMA Member #3
Exp. July A.D. 1821

Online Winter Hawk

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2019, 05:31:12 PM »
:Doh! I'd of plumb forgot that bucket, Feltwad... :toast :shake

That's okay, Joe.  I have a good bilge pump.  We can use my 12' sailboat if you want, so we don't need to wear ourselves out rowing!  Maybe we should pull your boat along so we have something to keep stores (food, water etc.) in?  Could be a good place to hide out from each other if we got argumentative!   :laffing

~Kees~
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone
USN June 1962-Nov. 65, USS Philip, DD-498

Dues paid to 02 Jan. 2025

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2019, 05:45:29 PM »

That's okay, Joe.  I have a good bilge pump.  We can use my 12' sailboat if you want, so we don't need to wear ourselves out rowing!  Maybe we should pull your boat along so we have something to keep stores (food, water etc.) in?  Could be a good place to hide out from each other if we got argumentative!   :laffing

~Kees~

Perfect! my rowboat's called a Water Tender, sounds like a heck of an idea! We can fly the TMA Flag and be the first TMA Navy!!! I like it!!! :bl th up

Now if our wife's will let us go??? :o

Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
  • TMA: Founder
  • TMA Member: TMA Charter Member#6
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2019, 06:47:06 PM »

~Kees~

Perfect! my rowboat's called a Water Tender, sounds like a heck of an idea! We can fly the TMA Flag and be the first TMA Navy!!! I like it!!! :bl th up

"An honest man is worth his weight in gold"
For only $1.25 per-month, you too can help preserve our traditional muzzleloading heritage.
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2019, 07:00:15 PM »

~Kees~

Rum, we're gonna need lot's of Rum!!! Kees, we best sign Rondo on, he shared an article here on the TMA about Sailors and Rum,,, so he's the man we're gonna need to make the crossing.  :hairy :toast

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2019, 07:13:48 PM »

~Kees~

Rum, we're gonna need lot's of Rum!!! Kees, we best sign Rondo on, he shared an article here on the TMA about Sailors and Rum,,, so he's the man we're gonna need to make the crossing.  :hairy :toast

According to my calculations and considering the,.... size of boat, number of crew, distance, and speed,.... we shouldn't need much more than 11,000 gallons of rum to complete a one-way trip to the UK.  :bl th up :applaud :toast :laffing
For only $1.25 per-month, you too can help preserve our traditional muzzleloading heritage.
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2019, 07:32:32 PM »

~Kees~

According to my calculations and considering the,.... size of boat, number of crew, distance, and speed,.... we shouldn't need much more than 11,000 gallons of rum to complete a one-way trip to the UK.  :bl th up :applaud :toast :laffing

We're gonna need a bigger boat... Does anyone here at the TMA own a Tanker capable of holding a little bit of Rum? 22,000 gallons to be exact???  Rondo, are you sure that's gonna be enough so we don't have to start rationing it on the way back?

Online Hank in WV

• TMA Member: Charter Member #65
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2019, 09:48:16 PM »
Will an 18' kayak help you out?
Hank in WV
TMA Charter Member #65, exp 4/30/2026
"Much of the social history of the western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good. . ." Thomas Sowell

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2019, 10:01:53 PM »
Will an 18' kayak help you out?

How many gallons does she hold, Hank?  :toast :Doh! :shake

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2019, 11:58:57 PM »

~Kees~

We're gonna need a bigger boat... Does anyone here at the TMA own a Tanker capable of holding a little bit of Rum? 22,000 gallons to be exact???  Rondo, are you sure that's gonna be enough so we don't have to start rationing it on the way back?

We could make a swing detour to Jamaica if we start running low on rum.  :hairy :hairy :)
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2019, 04:29:32 AM »
 :hairy :toast

Offline Uncle Russ

• TMA Founder. Walk softly & carry a big Smoothbore!
  • TMA Member: Founder / Charter Member #004
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2019, 08:33:52 PM »
I don't like jumping into this thread so late but, honestly, I really would like to see the Captain's Log Book for this trip.
Jus'sayin
It's the many things we don't do that totally sets us apart.
TMA Co-Founder / Charter Member# 4

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2019, 09:48:15 PM »
I don't like jumping into this thread so late but, honestly, I really would like to see the Captain's Log Book for this trip.
Jus'sayin

That's an interesting request, Russ... I'm not sure if we should write it before we go,,, or go, then try to remember what we should've wrote??? That Rum can be mighty unpredictable...  :lol sign You best come with us.  Perhaps a share of Rum will sway you to going along???  :toast :applaud

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2019, 12:28:16 AM »
Jus'sayin

Ha!,..... like any of the crew will be able to hold a pencil, or write anything legible.  :laffing :toast
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6

Online Feltwad

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2019, 08:30:05 AM »
Although the thread was for sporting guns  I have enclosed a couple of images of guns that were neither sporting or for fowling .They are guns that were used for live pigeon shooting from traps  this sport is no longer practiced in the UK it became illegal in 1924. These gun were specially built with no ramrod and came in all bore sizes from 10 up to 4
Feltwad
Live pigeon guns