Traditional Firearms > Cap and Ball Revolvers

The 'new ' Walker Colt...

<< < (2/7) > >>

Uncle Russ:
I would like to bring this thread back to life if I can....

Since posting this my Daughters slipped a new Walker in Father's day gift.

(FWIW: It seems the girls still care for their old dad, although we had a little disagreement a couple of years back when a Gibbs Rifle showed up under the Christmas Tree....I had been looking at a Gibbs for some time, and was really thinking about one, but I would never  expect it from my daughters. (They have other things to spend their money on.)
Besides that, there was problems with the rifle I didn't like it as soon as I opened it, so I sold it, unfired, at a bit of a loss but I did recover most of their money, thanks to my grandson.
Rob, our Admin and perhaps a couple more, know a bit of the story....but that was then, this is now.... I love my kids!)

Anyway, I have a brand new Walker, still unfired, much like the Ruger Old Army they gave me 15 or so years ago.
I ain't going to shoot that old Army, but as soon as I'm able I will be shooting the heck out of this Walker.

Got 200 OP Wads soaking in Mutton & Bees Wax, just have to "squeeze 'em out", got a .454 mold, and a .456 six-banger on order, and on the way.
Got enough caps, and enough Goex FFFg to last a lifetime, so this gun is going to get shot!!!

Here's a few pictures of this large revolver. I am going to call it "2 Sams"....Colonel Samuel Colt, and Captain Samuel Walker.
Two Sams that put their heads together to come up this beautiful revolver.
I put a .44 Mag Super Blackhawk in the picture because many folks "think" that BLackhawk is a big heavy gun...it ain't, not no more anyway.
Pictures are worth 1,000 words, or so they say.
But you decide.

Russ...   

Stormrider51:
The Origional "Magnum".
 John

rollingb:

--- Quote from: RussB ---Anyway, I have a brand new Walker, still unfired,
--- End quote ---

Ain't there a law (or sumpthin),.... against havein' an "unfired" pistolgun??????  :o :o

I'm sure I read that somewheres years ago.  :laffing :applaud :toast :bl th up

Maven:
"I put a .44 Mag Super Blackhawk in the picture because many folks "think" that BLackhawk is a big heavy gun...it ain't, not no more anyway.  Pictures are worth 1,000 words, or so they say."  ...Uncle Russ

I think you're correct, Russ.  Even with its 10.5" bbl., my SBH doesn't weigh as much as the Colt's Walker.  Btw, I got to handle an original at an upscale auction in NYC years ago and it was as impressive as it was heavy.  Good luck with yours! 

Bigsmoke:
Rondo, Oh my goodness, I guess I am guilty of yet another bit of law breaking.  I picked up a really sweet little 1862 Colt Police maybe 5 years ago, more or less, might have even been longer than that.  If someone before me fired it, I'd be surprised as it sure doesn't show any signs of wear.  And I know I have not shot it, yet.  Been too lazy to consider cleaning it afterwards.  So, unfired it sits.  Pity.  Probably needs a new home with someone who would take it out and exercise it on a regular basis.
John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version