TMA Events and Activites > Past TMA Postal Shoots and Data

How To Score TMA Targets

<< < (2/3) > >>

Maven:
Here's my May, 2020 smoothbore PM target.  As I'm not sure of how to score it (no numerical values for the rings on TMA- XX-1B), I attach a photo of it.

Ohio Joe:
Hello Maven, good to hear from you  :shake

I believe I'm seeing; 10x 9 9 6 = 34-1x

I'll posted your score.  :bl th up

Maven:
Thanks Joe! :bl th up  Btw, that low first shot may have been due to a slight hangfire, or as I'm now coming to realize, a too clean ( LOL!) barrel.  To wit, if I don't damp swab the bbl. after say 5 shots, I'm likely to get hangfires.  The trick, I suppose, is to take a fouling shot, and then fire 5 for record.  Btw, before I shot [at] that target, I tried 5 shots from a rest + rear bag: The resulting group was impressive, but ~4" too low. ;banghead;

Ohio Joe:

--- Quote from: Maven on May 22, 2020, 06:34:26 PM ---Thanks Joe! :bl th up  Btw, that low first shot may have been due to a slight hangfire, or as I'm now coming to realize, a too clean ( LOL!) barrel.  To wit, if I don't damp swab the bbl. after say 5 shots, I'm likely to get hangfires.  The trick, I suppose, is to take a fouling shot, and then fire 5 for record.  Btw, before I shot [at] that target, I tried 5 shots from a rest + rear bag: The resulting group was impressive, but ~4" too low. ;banghead;

--- End quote ---

Those smooth-bores can be finicky, but even with that flyer, I couldn't even come close to your target on my best day. Nice shooting Maven!  :bl th up

Maven:
Thanks, Joe! :yessir:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version