Craftsmanship > Hawks and Knives

Cold Steel throwing knife

(1/3) > >>

No Powder:
Does anyone have any experience with Cold Steel throwing knives? I have a Perfect Balance thrower that came with polymer handles on. I took those off and put leather on. I'm still getting used to throwing it. It works well but I am wondering if those polymer handles will take much abuse.

Bigsmoke:
The only Cold Steel throwing knives I have had any experience with were the ones with the paracord wrap.
When am I going to stop wasting my money by buying the different throwing knives, just to find out I cannot be consistent in my delivery and follow-through?  Oh well, hope springs eternal, they say.
I would guess the Hawken Shop throwing knife has polymer handles, and when wrapped with duct tape, they hold together pretty well.  That also gives the appearance of a matched set when paired with the hawk.  Darn handles games.  They really take a toll on the wood.
Sorry, that really does not answer your question, but that's all I can contribute.
John

No Powder:
I didn't think I'd even get any responses. I went with a smaller block and no matter how hard I try to everything right, I will scrape the side of the block with the handles. I'm not sure if those polymer handles will take kindly to that too often. I guess I should forget those polymer handles. I picked the knife as a gift at one of our shoots. I suppose maybe a little more practice wouldn't hurt . I'm beginning to wonder about that practice makes perfect BS.

PetahW:

If at first you don't succeed  ;banghead;, ILO try, try again - give it up   :bigsmile:

I always thought it strange to throw away a perfectly good weapon in a fight.  :lol sign

Ohio Joe:
I've always felt that when it comes to throwing a knife / it's just like learning to throw your Hawk, [you just have to find your throwing spot]. With luck they'll be the same, but that doesn't always hold true.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version