Craftsmanship > Hawks and Knives

Cold Steel throwing knife

<< < (2/3) > >>

Bigsmoke:
Joe, I think that throwing knife and hawk from the same spot would hold true if they are about the same length.
In my throwing (that's throwing, not sticking) I have found that for the knife, I have to take one step forward or about 5 1/2 paces whereas for the hawk, I am at about 6 1/2 paces.
John (Bigsmmoke)

Ohio Joe:
Now that you mention it John, I too hedge at least a foot forward to throw my H&B Knife - after my Hawk... See what happens when you miss a Rendezvous...  :Doh!  :laffing

LongWalker:
I got into muzzleloading as a kid, and no one plays a more-cutthroat game of Handles than a bunch of teenage boys,usually announced after you've stuck your hawk and someone is throwing after you.  I wasn't a fan. 

Hickory cost too much, osage orange took too much work. . . I finally settled on hickory, with a piece of 1/8" music wire wrapped in a spiral around the handle, covered with rawhide.  I've still got that handle somewhere!

Winter Hawk:

--- Quote from: PetahW on March 26, 2023, 09:22:59 AM ---I always thought it strange to throw away a perfectly good weapon in a fight.  :lol sign

--- End quote ---

I'm with you on that one!  Funny, back when I was a kid a neighborhood friend and I were in the back yard trying to stick knives in a tree.  Now I had "borrowed" my Dad's old boy scout knife from back in the late 1920s.  It was NOT a pocket knife, and had about an eight inch blade.  He happened to see us out there and I learned right then that if he saw me throwing a knife again I wouldn't be able to sit down for a week!  I guess that lesson still sticks with me.   :o :laffing

~Kees~[/size]

No Powder:
What's the difference between my back yard and the place where we throw at our shoots. It works good in my back yard , and  it doesn't  work good where we have our shoots?  What's wrong with this picture?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version