TMA Events and Activites > TMA Postal Shoots

August 2019 Postal Match Results

<< < (2/4) > >>

prairie dog:

--- Quote from: Ohio Joe on August 26, 2019, 03:36:23 PM ---Are you muzzle-loading Antelope this year Steve?

I haven't done it in years, but I always enjoyed it. Seems like everybody applies anymore for a tag and I just gave up on the drawing of one. I was lucky however. The first two Muzzleloading Antelope Hunting season's in Nebraska, I got the draw. I enjoyed that more then the ML Deer season.

:shake

--- End quote ---

I could have used the muzzleloader.  I drew an "any legal firearm" tag.  However our "season" was only 3 days long and on BLM lands, anyone could have molested my hunt at anytime.  So I determined to use my "if I see it I can kill it" rifle and shoot the first legal buck I found.  It all worked out and I took the largest buck I'd seen in the area 6 minutes after legal shooting light. 
But it sure would have been more fun to hide near the water hole and take one with my .40 cal flint rifle.

Ohio Joe:

--- Quote from: prairie dog on August 27, 2019, 11:22:23 AM ---
--- Quote from: Ohio Joe on August 26, 2019, 03:36:23 PM ---Are you muzzle-loading Antelope this year Steve?

I haven't done it in years, but I always enjoyed it. Seems like everybody applies anymore for a tag and I just gave up on the drawing of one. I was lucky however. The first two Muzzleloading Antelope Hunting season's in Nebraska, I got the draw. I enjoyed that more then the ML Deer season.

:shake

--- End quote ---

I could have used the muzzleloader.  I drew an "any legal firearm" tag.  However our "season" was only 3 days long and on BLM lands, anyone could have molested my hunt at anytime.  So I determined to use my "if I see it I can kill it" rifle and shoot the first legal buck I found.  It all worked out and I took the largest buck I'd seen in the area 6 minutes after legal shooting light. 
But it sure would have been more fun to hide near the water hole and take one with my .40 cal flint rifle.

--- End quote ---

Sound wisdom!  :hairy

SharpStick:
Decided today was the day to punch my August target. Woke up to a beautiful day - rained last night, the air was extremely clear, no wind at all and a cool 80 degrees.

Got to the range and, darn it, the wind picked up. I had trouble carrying the target holder the 25 yards to post it. A couple times, as I was trying to hold steady on the black, I realized it wasn't the rifle moving in the wind it was me. A steady wind was gently blowing me backwards.

I tried my best anyway, but I gotta say my August target is not so august. I'll take it though as I figure no one else will want to take it  ;D
At least I kept them on the paper and in the rings.

Target's in the mail!

Ohio Joe:
I hear you about the wind, SharpStick... I took advantage of the "no wind" day yesterday morning (though it came up in the afternoon) - but for once I out smarted it, if that's even really possible living in these wide open spaces as we do.

I wanted to get back to my sighting in of my new build flintlock this morning - but the wind had other ideas. Will keep an eye out for your target.  :bl th up 

I've noticed with my shooting as I get older - I seem to just get the wobbles in a slight breeze. I need to get back out to the Wildlife Management area and find me a nice little out of the way ravine that has good wind break possibilities. My local Range is so open there's not many days in the year that the wind doesn't sweep across it and the weeds are getting so bad along side the berms it's getting harder to find a wind-break out there.

Winter Hawk:
Not going to make it this month.  Just had hernia surgery yesterday and I'm not allowed to drive for a week, nor lift anything over 10 pounds for 4 weeks!  Sure puts a crimp in things - I have a new shed started in the back yard and that ain't gonna get done for a while.  Howsomever, the Hodgepodge rifle only weighs 7 lbs. 8 oz. so you all had better watch out next month!  :laffing :laffing :laffing

~Kees~

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version