Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Your Workshop!!!!!  (Read 1633 times)

Offline ridjrunr

• TMA Forum Member
Re: Your Workshop!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2011, 02:36:14 AM »
Trois, I pm ya
HCH member
NRA member
Fluent in English and sarcasm
TMA Member #313
Expires 10/8/21

Offline 2 Locks

• TMA Forum Member
    • http://www.MultiLakes.com
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2011, 10:30:32 AM »
:Doh!
Thanks Ridj, that looks easier.  You will be able to judge how "easy" it was for me from the time difference between this post & the next one.
Probably a better way to post pics in this case - I don't think my shop really needs to be in the photo gallery.
Dave Leonard
Member #429 Expires 4/15/14

Offline 2 Locks

• TMA Forum Member
    • http://www.MultiLakes.com
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2011, 10:41:02 AM »
OK this is my shop facing west:
[attachment=2:3u6js3vn][/attachment]DSC_0192.JPG[/attachment:3u6js3vn]

And here's the view facing back toward civilization:
[attachment=1:3u6js3vn][/attachment]DSC_0190.JPG[/attachment:3u6js3vn]
The silver thing on the floor is my smoker - I only mention that cuz I'm getting grease on the keyboard while I'm typin' & etin' smoked pheasant at the same time.

And here is a makeshift basement shop where I clean guns & do other non dusty/stinky projects in the winter.  (It's 12 degrees in the garage shop this fine "Spring" morning.)
[attachment=0:3u6js3vn][/attachment]DSC_0195.JPG[/attachment:3u6js3vn]
Dave Leonard
Member #429 Expires 4/15/14

Offline pathfinder

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2011, 09:56:55 AM »
Gonna try this again. This is my leather area

This is my gun area. Wife say's I'm a "hoarder",but when somthing needs fixin' or makin',guess who EVERYONE comes to!

This is in a 2-1/2 car garage that the previous owner built airplanes in! We are @ 1/2 mile from the Delta county airport and we often wondered why the railing on the back porch was made out of 3" tubing. Mr. Olsen would tie the plane to the railing to run up the engine before towing it to the airport! What a cool guy he must have been!
Swamp,good luck with your shop. After helping you set up our booth at Kalamazoo,you'll NEVER get to do anything in it. You'll be to busy ORGINIZING!!!!!!!!! :hairy
NRA life member
NMLRA

Offline Swamp

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2011, 01:13:04 PM »
Hey, that must be some tuff leather your working to have to cut it with a Stihl!  :shake
Swamp
TMA Member #219 - Exp 9-1-13

Offline Uncle Russ

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA Founder. Walk softly & carry a big Smoothbore!
  • TMA Member: Founder / Charter Member #004
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2011, 02:03:24 PM »
The silver thing on the floor is my smoker - I only mention that cuz I'm getting grease on the keyboard while I'm typin' & etin' smoked pheasant at the same time.

That Luhr Jensen Little Chief has been a mainstay for many folks over the years...I think my first one may have cost all of $15.
Nowadays you can't get a pan, or a replacement element for that price.

2-Locks...I see you got that nice stuff on the floor. The stuff that makes your feet smile, after standing all day.
I have been saying for the past four or five years I was going to put that stuff down but I haven't got me one of them "round-to-its" yet, and a fella has gotta have "round-to-its" to ever get anything done.

Pathfinder even has "designated" areas...leather area, gun area. I do like that.

I have plans of adding another shed out back next year. One of those fancy pre-fab 10x12...I can get one locally at "Ziggy's" for under $2,000 installed / set-up (on my own foundation) and wired. That should take care of some of the overflow. Then maybe I could get me a fancy bench like Dan has.

Uncle Russ...
It's the many things we don't do that totally sets us apart.
TMA Co-Founder / Charter Member# 4

Offline pathfinder

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2011, 09:35:42 AM »
Swamp,I'm using the Stihl to "fine tune" your barrel! :bl th up
NRA life member
NMLRA

Online BEAVERMAN

• TMA: TMA Vice President
  • TMA Member: Charter Member #145
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2011, 11:58:06 AM »
Quote from: "pathfinder"
Swamp,I'm using the Stihl to "fine tune" your barrel! :bl th up

That's what I had to use to cut the buffler for his new pouch!
Jim Smith
TMA Vice President
Charter Member #145  EXPIRATION 1/21/25
Green River Mountain Men
Peninsula Longrifles
WSMA
U.S.M.C.
BSA                    

"An armed man is a citizen,..an unarmed man is a subject!"

Offline Swamp

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2011, 01:03:15 PM »
Now that's what I like to hear, PRECISION!  :rotf  :lol:

But in the end, I know I'll be the proud owner of a beautiful Southern Mountain Rifle from Path, and a shooting bag that you all will be droolin over from Beav! I can't wait to showcase these right here on the TMA forum. Bib's anyone??????
Swamp

Offline Captchee

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2011, 05:51:00 PM »
well my shop is getting close . i was able today to move a few things back in . . all thats really left is  finish work and  to hang the stairs .
sure is going to be nice to  have more then 2 plugins . a dedicated engraving bench .
 big change from the last time you were in my shop isnt it Dan  :hairy  

Offline Swamp

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2011, 05:58:41 AM »
Lookin great Capt!  :hairy

I like it! Are you going to do the entire shop with the log siding? That would make a great look!
Swamp

Offline ridjrunr

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2011, 08:56:51 AM »
Wow Charlie, you aint a kiddin!The only thing I recognize is yer railing and stairs goin into the house! Very nice. :toast
HCH member
NRA member
Fluent in English and sarcasm
TMA Member #313
Expires 10/8/21

Offline Captchee

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2011, 09:18:43 AM »
Na the log is only  for the peaks swamp . and maybe  a stair rail . im not sure yet but i may have to put a half wall up in the loft, so if i end up doing that , then it will have logs as well .
  ya dan , its a big change , no more running an extension cord  from here , to there , then back over there . I put in a total of 22 plugging between the shop and in  my gun shop . 9 more lights .
 Thanks to the fellas help here on the forum , I now also have heat  YA!!!!!!!. No more freezing in the winter and cooking under a steal roof in the summer
 My contractor who framed it up for me , still has to come back and  cut out the AC and pull the  steal  of the roof ,  run paper and then put the steal back on , he will also be adding a vented roof cap so that the snot wont blow in anymore.
 i still have some joiners to put up on the ceiling and trim around the windows .  not to mention a whole lot of shelving and gun racks .
 do all the cocking and such .
 im also going to put my mill ,metal  lathe , wood lathe , press , foundry  and  the polisher and grinder all out in the other part of the shop .out in the other  part of the shop   so I can better keep things clean .

you know its just amazing  how much stuff a fella piles  up . seriously , right now  the rest of the shop is shoulder high with crap .
 im going to have to have a yard sale  or a whole lot of trips to the dump  :Doh!

Offline Riley/MN

• TMA Member: Charter Member #20
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2011, 09:50:33 AM »
Charlie, let us know when the sale is (or at least the directions to your dump)!
~Riley
><>

TMA Charter Member #20

Support Traditional Muzzleloading - Join the TMA!

Offline Captchee

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2011, 10:12:44 AM »
LOL Riley .
you know its funny . while clearing things out , i found so much stuff that i had forgotten i had .
 other stuff  i was wondering what the 7734  i was thinking .
 i came acros 10 CVA  and traditions plastic stock ?? why i kept them is beyond me .
 i also found  new  un finished  forestocks  for  2 piece  Kentucky rifles .. I also found another full  in the white ,2 piece stock .  Im thinking it was for an early CVA . But it has a cheek piece and its for a  1 inch barrel . I have no idea where that came from .
 A friend of mine came over and packed off 2 big fruit boxes of just odds and ends of  maple ,  English walnut , Caro , purple hart , black walnut ,Coca ,zebra wood , Australian Cyprus, cherry  ……..
I have to get out of the habit of  thinking . HA, I can use that for something  ,  some day ..
 I also found a down rigger for my boat  that I no longer have . Not to mention a full set of old paper  type deep sea fish finders  with all the sender . ???? Why ????/ you got me .
 Im also thinking I must be as hooked on fishing poles as I am  on muzzleloaders . For crying out loud  I bet I have 20+. But I guess I guy cant have to many fishing poles .

I also ran across an original  hand mad White metal detector  still in the wood boxes and still having all the old paper  boxed batteries. Where that came from ??????????

For all the complaining I used to do about my dad saving all the crap he did . It sure seems I been doing the very same thing  
 :Doh!