Traditional Firearms > Traditional Archery

Best way to take care of a new bow

(1/4) > >>

Minnesota Mike:
Just got a new bow as birthday gift at the SEPR a couple of weeks ago. Would like some advice on the best way to care for it and any leather add-ons that make sense or help preserve the bow during use.

Thanks.

r/
MM

Riley/MN:
Well I think the best thing would be to get it accustomed to Minnesota weather. Would you like my address to send it to?

Minnesota Mike:
:lol:

Ohhh man . . . so funny . . . you should be on stage . . .

Understand there is one leaving town in an hour . . .

Used to have recurve back in high school/college. Was pretty good with it too. Could clip or split arrows in tight group. Stopped doing that when I realized I had to buy more arrows.

Then went upon the high seas with the Navy. One dark day Dad decided that if I had really wanted all the stuff in my room, I'd have taken it with me . . . Yard Sale!!!

Understand he sold it for around a dollar and the arrows for a dime each . . .

r/
MM

Riley/MN:
Yeah, I stripped a '51 chevy half-ton to the frame and went off to join Uncle Sam's yacht club. Little Bro decided that he could sell the cab and make a few extree bucks, cuz Riley will never get back to that project....

Sorry for the hijack...

What kinda bow ya get?

SAWMA:
Wax um, string and bow, keeps the string in good shape and the moisture off the bow. Flex the bow a little before you shoot, pull half draw a few times to limber her up. Don't leave it in a hot car during the summer, (Chev SS 396) temp i mean. Leather arm guard for me, if not, i'm hurtin for surtin!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version