Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: MIA Bigsmoke  (Read 270 times)

Offline greyhunter

• TMA Forum Member
  • TMA Member: Membership #291, Expires 2/11/2019
MIA Bigsmoke
« on: May 11, 2018, 08:29:33 PM »
Hallo Monsieur Grande fum'ee! How is Californy treating you these days?
Pa. TMA State Representative.[/color]
Member#291  2/11/19

Online Bigsmoke

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA: Charter Member #150
Re: MIA Bigsmoke
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2018, 07:26:58 PM »
Well, not bad, I guess.  As long as I can sneak off to the mountains once in a while, it's not too bad.

Last week I did a big sneak and headed up to Washington for the West Coast Horn and Accouterment Fair.  Had a great time visiting with folks I don't normally see too often.  Got to look at some powderhorns that usually only exist in dream lists.  That was worth the 1,000 mile drive itself.  Some people just have so much darn raw talent it is just disgusting.

I am getting out into the horn shop a wee bit myself lately.  Very soothing to be making horns again.  I have rather missed it a whole bunch.  It has taken a while to restock the shop and get it back to where I want it to be.  But, it's only money that was standing in my way.  Or, lack thereof.  That is a problem of retirement, the spare dollars that one used to take for granted are just not so prevalent any more.

Other than that, keeping busy with our jazz club putting on our upcoming jazz festival.  Amazing amount of work involved in that.  Ms. Smoke seems to be on the computer working on mailing lists about 16 hours a day.  And about once a month we seem to be able to sneak off for a jazz festival somewhere.

So, yeah, we are busy and feeling pretty good.

John
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest Up to God.

BigSmoke - John Shorb
TMA Charter Member #150  
NRA - Life
Coeur d'Alene Muzzleloaders - Life

Offline greyhunter

• TMA Forum Member
  • TMA Member: Membership #291, Expires 2/11/2019
Re: MIA Bigsmoke
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 09:08:12 PM »
 :hairy good you are fairing well, yeah retirement is good to point but the smaller amt of wam is tough sometimes.
Pa. TMA State Representative.[/color]
Member#291  2/11/19