TMA Events and Activites > TMA Postal Shoots

October 2018 Postal Match Results

(1/2) > >>

Ohio Joe:
October

25 Yards Offhand - Smoothbore - (SB-75 Target) (7 Shots - Will Score The Highest 5 Shots)

PaulK.....795....................48-0x
Axe.......117....................46-1x
Maven....778....................34-0x

Axe.......117....................46-1x

Axe requested I remove his score as he shot his target with a 12ga Fowler and our Rules state .62 caliber.  I feel his efforts in the October smoothy match should still be recognized and I see no reason to not show these efforts of his target shot. I feel Axe' request speaks highly of the caliber of very good folks we share a Postal Match firing line with.  :shake

I also feel we should open these smoothy matches to .75 caliber in 2019 which should cover the 12ga... There's probably quite a few Brown Bess' out there that may want to see some smoothbore shooting.  What do you guys say?

Guys, I've been doing some reading of our Rules, and I see we only have a caliber restriction on the "TMA Annual Silhouettes Match" not the Smoothbore Matches / or the Monthly Rifle Matches... So Axe, your score is reinstated.    :shake  I still stand by my statement above, "I feel Axe' request speaks highly of the caliber of very good folks we share a Postal Match firing line with."  :shake

Now here is something that will come up eventually;

Q; Can I use a Rifle in the Smoothbore Monthly Matches - Answer.....No

Q; Can I use a Smoothbore in the Monthly Rifle Matches - Answer.....Yes

Q; Can I use a Smoothbore or Rifle in the Annual TMA Silhouette Match - Answer.....Yes, provided the caliber does not exceed .62 in either Rifle or Smoothbore.

Winter Hawk:
Sheeshs!  I just realized that those of us without smoothies don't get to shoot this month.   :o

I tell you, it's discriminatory against rifle shooters!  Wait until our lawyer gets hold of this.  I foresee a great class action lawsuit coming up, where the attorney gets 90% of the judgement and the rest of us split the left over 10%.  :laffing

Let's see, 90% of %$0.00 is.... hmmm, now carry the one, subtract the 20 and I guess I owe another $15.  Wait, how did THAT happen??? 

By the by, that looks like some good shooting there, fellows.  I don't really want to go up against that, smooth bore or rifle, either one!

~Kees~

Ohio Joe:
~Kees~ the TMA has some mighty fine smoothbore shooters for sure, and many of them can hang right with the rifle shooters! They've certainly outscored me quite a few times, past - present - and no doubt future.  :bl th up  :toast

Axe:
I think it would be fun to match my TVM fowler against a Brown Bess.
Axe

Ohio Joe:
Guys, I've been doing some reading of our Rules, and I see we only have a caliber restriction on the "TMA Annual Silhouettes Match" not the Smoothbore Matches / or the Monthly Rifle Matches... So Axe, your score is reinstated.    :shake  I still stand by my statement above, "I feel Axe' request speaks highly of the caliber of very good folks we share a Postal Match firing line with."  :shake

Now here is something that will come up eventually;

Q; Can I use a Rifle in the Smoothbore Monthly Matches - Answer.....No

Q; Can I use a Smoothbore in the Monthly Rifle Matches - Answer.....Yes

Q; Can I use a Smoothbore or Rifle in the Annual TMA Silhouette Match - Answer.....Yes, provided the caliber does not exceed .62 in either Rifle or Smoothbore.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version