Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Canter's Cave  (Read 345 times)

Offline Winter Hawk

• TMA Contributing Member
Canter's Cave
« on: January 12, 2019, 09:36:27 PM »
There is a muzzle loader event coming up next weekend at Canter's Cave in S.E. Ohio.  This is a yearly thing which I have missed going to since we got here, I plan on being there on Saturday.  Anybody else going to go?  I can only be there for a couple of hours but it would be nice to put faces to names if others will be there.

I'll have some TMA brochures along to hand out.  Hope they don't throw me out for that!

~Kees~
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone
USN June 1962-Nov. 65, USS Philip, DD-498

Dues paid to 02 Jan. 2025

Online Hank in WV

• TMA Member: Charter Member #65
Re: Canter's Cave
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2019, 09:57:16 PM »
What's going on down there Kees? Seems like I've heard something about the place but don't know anything about it.
Hank in WV
TMA Charter Member #65, exp 4/30/2026
"Much of the social history of the western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good. . ." Thomas Sowell

Offline Winter Hawk

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 06:54:46 PM »
Geez Hank, I'm sorry I missed your question!  From Smoke & Fire News:

Sons of Liberty Indoor Trade Fair, Canters Cave 4H Camp, 1362 Caves Road, Jackson, Ohio.  Contact Norman Garringer, 740-773-3891, normanga@roadrunner.com.  Period vendors selling wares from the time periods of 1890 and earlier.  Examples are flintlocks, glass wares, soaps, candles, leathers.  Open 9 a.m - 5 p.m. Saturday and 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Sunday.

Again, my profuse apologies!

~Kees~
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone

Online Hank in WV

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 10:02:12 PM »
Thanks for the come-back Kees. Looks like it would be a fun event but with this storm coming in, looks like I'll be plowing snow most of the weekend. ::)
Hank in WV
"Much of the social history of the western world over the past three decades has involved replacing what worked with what sounded good. . ." Thomas Sowell

Offline Winter Hawk

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 08:56:11 PM »
The gods conspired against me this year again!  Had a faulty toilet to replace which took me most of Saturday, :P and the stormy weather on Sunday precluded my driving down.  Well, I would have done it but my Sweetie precluded it for me....  :laffing

~Kees~
NMLRA Life

Online Hank in WV

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 09:44:03 PM »
Didn't make it either. Called out to work.
Hank in WV