Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Small--VERY small--bore question  (Read 1646 times)

Offline oomcurt

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2008, 03:09:10 PM »
Not meaning to confuse folks...considering the original poster was not really talking about parlor guns.....but....seems to me parlor guns, especially pistols were quite popular at one time...and least from what I have been told by folks in the past. I had one, well...maybe two of them at one time. One was a small rifle probably was designed for a bb or cb .22 cartridge. The other was a single shot pistol, would fire any tye .22 cartridge though. The reason I "think" it may have been a parlor gun was its shape or design. Just my two cents....
TMA member #177
Interest: Rocky Mt'n Fur Trade
March 1 2008

Offline Fletcher

• TMA Forum Member
    • http://www.glaciertraditionalarchery.com
(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2008, 06:31:42 PM »
See my comments on cleanin' the .32  I cannot imagine how hard a .25 would be.  I would think the breech would get plugged up good in no time.  Ya need some room to move aq jag around down there!!!
Fletcher the Arrow Maker
Montana TMA State Representative
TMA Charter Member #143 exp 11/4/18
NRA Training Counselor
BSA National Camp School Director -
Shooting Sports
NRA Life Member
Flathead Valley Muzzleloaders

Offline Three Hawks

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2008, 02:02:43 AM »
Some years back Numrich had a bunch of .30 muzzleloading barrels for sale cheap.  Being a dumbass, I only bought one.  It took me several years to find a suitable breech plug, get it breeched and fittings put on it.  It is a drop in for my .50 T-C Hawken and works like an itty bitty charm.   I searched for six years before I found a .285 Lyman RB mold.  Those little pills load very easily and shoot well enough to hit a soda cracker or NECCO wafer about three times in five at 25 to 50 yards.  As I use it as one would use a modern .22 that's plenty close enough for me.  The nicest part is the very light report and even lighter recoil.  It is, however, far too heavy for a small kid to shoot.  I cut the barrel to 24" to make the rifle balance the same place it does with the 28"  .50 barrel and it's still about 3 1/2 oz heavier than the .50.  It's easy to load and as easy to clean as any other m-l rifle.

Three Hawks
TMA #360
????? ?a??
Whatever doesn't kill me had better start running.