Shooting Traditional Firearms and Weapons > General Interest

ML for children-where to get?

(1/3) > >>

Kirrmeister:
Hello from Germany!

I want to introduce my son Simon, 7 years old, into the ML stuff include shooting. But all production rifles are only for adults. Where can I get a kit or so for a childrens rifle?

Thanks for all answers.

Regards

Kirrmeister

Groundhog:
TVM   Matt and Toni Advance make smaller rifles with shortened stocks ...
CVA used to make smaller guns for ladies n youths.. T/C had the Seneca and Cherokee models back years ago.
A few of the members here, as you already know make rifles n such...
Keep in mind ... he will outgrow it pretty quik...
that is the sad part... kids grow up.
Talkin Groundhog

Wyoming Mike:
It's tough to find a small rifle these days.  In the past the CVA Squirrel Rifle and T/Cs Seneca and Cherokee were available for kids and small adults.

My wife is five foot and weighs about 100 pounds.  When we were starting out about the smallest available was a CVA Kentucky rifle.  I got a kit for her and took six inches off the muzzle and reduced the pull by one and half inches.  She shot that for about five years before a fire took it.

Whatever you decide to do, build one from scratch or reduce the size of an existing kit, be aware that kids grow faster than you think.  Make it a little on the big size to fit him now.  He will be using it from the bench or off cross-sticks for a while and will grow into it.  After he hits his teen years, you will probably have to restock it anyway or sell it to someone who needs it for his kid.

BEAVERMAN:
Dixie has a cub rifle aa well as traditions, the traditions comes with a plastic stock.

jasontn:
traditions also makes the tennessee rifle a very nice small sized gun. its a fullstock and come in flint and percussion

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version