TMA Events and Activites > TMA Postal Shoots

TMA ***2021*** Postal Matches

<< < (3/17) > >>

The Miner '49er:
Merely a suggestion, but it might be fairer if a shooter who decided to shoot both target faces each month would put one of each target on the backer and then fire five at each bull. His submission would be to either submit one or both bulls. That would show what he or she was able to do that day that month, the day he "shot the match." Just like in a shoulder to shoulder match, no redos, no cherry picking. One and done. Just a thought. Five shots on one TMA bull each month is what I'm going to do. My average over the seven months will, show me how well, or not, I can shoot.

RobD:
What really would be best, but clearly impractical, is to have a large cardboard backer with 8 faces - 7 of one type (let's say the TMA bullseye) and the 1 Mike Fink.  In April, submit an image of the entire backer with all faces, and 1 face will be shot up.  In May, put up that same backer and shoot another face, image the entire backer for posting.  Again, impractical due to the unwieldy backer size and having it lugged around for over half a year.

On another tack, maybe it's best to narrow this match down a notch to one face, the printed TMA bullseye ... ?

f.

The Miner '49er:
Yes, I think that's a good idea.

RobD:

--- Quote from: Flintstone on November 21, 2020, 05:00:13 PM ---Merely a suggestion, but it might be fairer if a shooter who decided to shoot both target faces each month would put one of each target on the backer and then fire five at each bull. His submission would be to either submit one or both bulls. That would show what he or she was able to do that day that month, the day he "shot the match." Just like in a shoulder to shoulder match, no redos, no cherry picking. One and done. Just a thought. Five shots on one TMA bull each month is what I'm going to do. My average over the seven months will, show me how well, or not, I can shoot.

--- End quote ---

That's a fair concept that makes sense and to a degree would make the match a tad "fairer".  But given the enormity of this match's honor system from multiple perspectives, it might be added work for naught.  Also, at some ranges there can be only one target aiming spot.

There are so many ways to, er, circumvent postal match rules that i don't think it would matter much, but a great suggestion none the less!  :bow  :shake  :*:

The Miner '49er:
By "good idea" I was referring to your thought to use just the TMA target. Perhaps a simple way to do it would be to: 1 print your TMA target, 2 put it on a backer, 3 measure 25 yards back, 4 toe the line, 5 shoot at it 5 times, 6 score it and notate the shooter's info, 7post the image online. Do this only once for each month that you want to compete and/or to have your scores tallied for the aggregate. Good scores and not so good ones will come out in the wash. Sure, cheaters can find many ways to cheat, but I bet 99.9% of the competitors will do it right. Hope this might help you as you work through this tough job as head honcho of the postal shoots.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version