TMA Events and Activites > TMA Postal Shoots

TMA ***2021*** Postal Matches

<< < (2/17) > >>

The Miner '49er:
I'll be shooting, too, it's going to be fun!

Maven:
A welcome change, Rob! :hairy

The Miner '49er:
Hey Rob, am I understanding this correctly? April comes around and I intend to shoot and submit targets, both TMA and NRA, for each of the seven months for the rifle aggregate. I would be able to shoot both face types, as many times as I want. Say I shoot a total of ten bulls, five of each. I can cherry pick from the ten and submit/download one TMA and one NRA target for my April score. If this is correct, the scores will most likely be hair-splitters decided by X counts. Suppose someone shoots a TMA face and scores 96-5X , and a 90-3X. He submits the 96 for April. Can he hold the 90 and submit it for May? Please know that no criticism is implied or intended, I just want to know how to do it so I can fairly compete. Thanks!

RobD:

--- Quote from: Flintstone on November 21, 2020, 02:52:31 PM ---Hey Rob, am I understanding this correctly? April comes around and I intend to shoot and submit targets, both TMA and NRA, for each of the seven months for the rifle aggregate. I would be able to shoot both face types, as many times as I want. Say I shoot a total of ten bulls, five of each. I can cherry pick from the ten and submit/download one TMA and one NRA target for my April score. If this is correct, the scores will most likely be hair-splitters decided by X counts. Suppose someone shoots a TMA face and scores 96-5X , and a 90-3X. He submits the 96 for April. Can he hold the 90 and submit it for May? Please know that no criticism is implied or intended, I just want to know how to do it so I can fairly compete. Thanks!

--- End quote ---

In essence, yes, you are correct ... and that means the TMA 2021 Postal Match is a total and complete honor system.

This is quite unlike the partial honor system of before where you received in the mail an official uniquely stamped target face, and after punching holes in it you mailed back that completed target face for official scoring by the Match Director.  There are pluses and minuses with that Match methodology, but no matter what there is still an element of an honor system that is required (but still could be circumvented).

SO for our 2021 matach, yes, you could shoot lots of target faces in April and submit one face type for that month and another for May and so on.  We have no control over that. 

Good point!  We ask that submitted target faces be shot in the same month as their submission.  I'll add that to the rules!

There are pluses and minuses with any postal match methodology, but no matter what there is still an element of an honor system that is required.

Winter Hawk:

--- Quote from: RobD on November 20, 2020, 08:15:32 PM ---NOTE:  You must have shot the target face you are submitting within the month of submission.  If you shot a target face in April, it can only be submitted in April.

--- End quote ---

Like Rob said though, it's strictly an honor system so if a person hangs on to the second best target for use in another month there isn't really much Rob can do about it....

Oh, and I'm in!  :bigsmile:

~Kees~

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version