Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Does anyone do leather tooling work?  (Read 607 times)

Offline Indiana

• TMA Forum Member
Does anyone do leather tooling work?
« on: May 23, 2010, 11:40:00 PM »
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here had a set of 1/2 inch letter punches for leather tooling.  Long story short, my girlfriends grandfather made a leather bracelet for her before he died several years ago and she's worn it every day since.  It's starting to get rather worn and she wants me to make her a new one so the one her grandpa made doesn't get worn out or break.  It's a simple enough thing to do, but I don't have any of the stamps to mark it.  All it has are 1/2 inch letters "IWWJD".  Would anyone have a set of stamps they could sell me for cheap, lend me, or be willing to stamp the leather for me, once I get a thick enough piece?  (By the way, if anyone has a small scrap of thick leather, about 1/5-1/4 inch thick, 7.5" long and .75" wide I'll buy it off you--none of my stuff is that thick)

Thanks guys!
Patrick
"Damn the sword! When Virginia wanted a sword, I gave her one. Now she sends me a toy when I require bread!” -George Rogers Clark

Offline Fletcher

• TMA Forum Member
    • http://www.glaciertraditionalarchery.com
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 12:26:11 PM »
My wife and I do leather - a lot for the Boy Scouts.

Send me an email with some photos of the bracelet and the dimmensions you want plus your address.

I will make it for you if you want.

We have the leather and the tools.

No charge.

http://www.john.fredenberg@yahoo.com
Fletcher the Arrow Maker
Montana TMA State Representative
TMA Charter Member #143 exp 11/4/18
NRA Training Counselor
BSA National Camp School Director -
Shooting Sports
NRA Life Member
Flathead Valley Muzzleloaders

Offline Indiana

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 02:09:36 PM »
Thanks for the offer John, but I think I've got someone who is already going to make it for me.  If he doesn't have a set of 1/2 inch letters, though, I'll be in touch!

Best,
Patrick
"Damn the sword! When Virginia wanted a sword, I gave her one. Now she sends me a toy when I require bread!” -George Rogers Clark

Offline Indiana

• TMA Forum Member
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 12:15:22 AM »
You've got an email, John...