TMA Events and Activites > TMA Postal Shoots

Proposed Changes to the 2024 Postal Match Rules

(1/7) > >>

Nessmuk:
Proposed Changes to the 2024 Postal Match Rules

I, for one, am not a fan of Off-Hand shooting. At 68 years old, my eyesight has worsened and my right hip is weak but I still love to shoot. Many of us have similar problems so i propose the following shooting positions be authorized:

1. Off-Hand

2. Standing with Cross-Sticks

3. Kneeling or Kneeling with cross-Sticks

4. Prone or Prone with Cross-Sticks or Primitive Rest.

5.  Sitting or Sitting with Cross-Sticks

6. Sitting at a bench or Table with a Primitive rest

Defining a "Primitive Rest", Any rest that  is non-adjustable preferably homemade. Something a Pre-1840 marksman or hunter would use (Sorry, your Lead sled is definitely out)

All other rules remain pretty much the same.

Reply with your thoughts, approval, disapproval or opinion.

Salty:
Nessmuk, I like this idea especially those with cross sticks and or primitive rest.

dmarsh:
I am hoping to get back in the game this year assuming life does not get in the way again.  I agree with your proposal.  :hairy  At 75 the guns are getting heavy and tend to weave and bob.  Had cataract surgery last year so the eyes are fine but good eyes watching the end of the barrel move around does not make for good shooting. :bigsmile: :hairy

cwgrizz:
After last year's lack of participation, I probably shouldn't say anything, but I am 74 and have my ailments, but I still prefer offhand for distances of 25 yards, maybe props or sticks for longer distances.
IOW I would be for setting up different circumstances for occasional months, but keep all on the same page for the shoots.

Thanks,
Nessmuk

KDubs:
Would we all participate in the same group. IE kneeling with x sticks.
 Or can I shoot off hand, my preferred, much more like hunting practice for me.
 Since this is for fun I'll shoot however..
 Looking forward to it
Kevin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version