Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Getting Ready For Winter  (Read 277 times)

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
Getting Ready For Winter
« on: October 09, 2019, 09:11:40 AM »
Well, it's a'coming early this year... Normally the night of Halloween (where I live) has always (and I do mean, always) has marked the winter weather coming in along the Pine Ridge of NW Nebraska... This year it's coming tonight 10/9/19... The old saying "Red sky in the morning - sailor take warning" must have some truth to that as we have the red sky and the forecast is cold and snow.

So today's project -  (which I started on yesterday when Cindy and I got back from our tour of the Black Hills to look at the changing Fall colors) is to get winterized... We drained the haul of the boat yesterday when we got back, and turned that Sundolphin water tender row boat over to keep from getting another giant "ice-cube" in the bow - (which happened last winter 'cause the tarp cover tore and leaked water in it,,, so this year we're a'head of the game... I think???

The next project (today) is to get the patio winterized by putting things away for the winter. Also, I need to cover the air-conditioners... Don't think we'll be needing them 'till the end of May '20...

Yep, another winter coming, and coming early this year... :P  The older I get the less impressed I am with winter... 
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska