Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Washington State  (Read 6100 times)

Online BEAVERMAN

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA: TMA Vice President
  • TMA Member: Charter Member #145
Washington State
« on: April 17, 2010, 01:01:36 PM »
Your Washington State Reps , RussB (aka Uncle Russ) and Shadow Hawk east side and Beaverman west side.
Jim Smith
TMA Vice President
Charter Member #145  EXPIRATION 1/21/25
Green River Mountain Men
Peninsula Longrifles
WSMA
U.S.M.C.
BSA                    

"An armed man is a citizen,..an unarmed man is a subject!"

Online BEAVERMAN

Re: Washington State
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 05:48:58 PM »
New club in Eastern Wash, passing on the info;

I am starting a muzzle loading firearms group at the North Central Washington Gun Club in East Wenatchee, Washington.

http://www.ncwgunclub.com/

If you live in the area, come join us!

Contact: George Mark Kelley Jr. at 509-630-7919 or email me at Sixgun_Symphony@yahoo.com
Jim Smith
TMA Vice President
Green River Mountain Men
Peninsula Longrifles
WSMA
U.S.M.C.
BSA                    

Offline Shadow Hawk

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 09:48:30 PM »
thanks for the info ill try to get ahold of him.
State Rep Washington State, Central Washington
TMA Member # 501 expires 8/30/15

Offline Cannonball

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 01:04:54 PM »
I'm just in the "thinking" stage (thinking if I can afford another hobbie) but would like to meet and talk with as many people as possible. Can you direct me to members/shooters that live on the Kitsap Penninsula?

Offline Uncle Russ

• TMA Founder. Walk softly & carry a big Smoothbore!
  • TMA Member: Founder / Charter Member #004
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 05:17:35 PM »
Cannonball, welcome to the forum.

With Privacy policies being what they are today, I believe that our Secretary / Treasurer is the only one with a mailing roster that would know folks actual physical address.
We do have a lot of Washingtonians in the Association, but I personally don't know of anyone that lives on the Kitsap Peninsula.

As you browse around on the forum you will see that most folks have their "home town" in their avatar. If you see something close by you might send them a PM (Personal Message) and you two can get to know each other.

Sorry I wasn't more help.

Uncle Russ...
It's the many things we don't do that totally sets us apart.
TMA Co-Founder / Charter Member# 4

Offline Cannonball

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 06:28:26 PM »
No problem Uncle Russ,

I wasn't looking for addresses, just to know if there was anyone local. I know there are a couple of groups (Bremerton Brigade) and I have contacted some of them. I'll keep looking.

Thanks!

Offline Fletcher

• TMA Forum Member
    • http://www.glaciertraditionalarchery.com
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 06:51:03 PM »
Check the Washington State Muzzleloaders Association website.

They have a bunch of folk that would help you and a great calendar of events throughout the pacific northwest.

I intend to go the to Monroe Trade show in March.

Why don't you drop by that one?
Fletcher the Arrow Maker
Montana TMA State Representative
TMA Charter Member #143 exp 11/4/18
NRA Training Counselor
BSA National Camp School Director -
Shooting Sports
NRA Life Member
Flathead Valley Muzzleloaders

Offline Uncle Russ

Re: Washington State (Puyallup Sportsman Show)
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2013, 02:50:39 AM »
The Puyallup Sportsman Show is Jan 23 until the 27th of Jan. 2013.

It's a True Sportsman Show, with everything from Guns to Gun Dogs, and I'm sure LUND with be there with their best ever boat for the Walleye and Bass Fisherman.
Typically they will have last year's Boone & Crocket final measurement on this day, which following the 90 days of drying for "Official" Boone and Crocket measurements....they always seem to try to work those two things in together to get the most exposure.

Someone in the area interested in going, print off this ticket and save a couple of bucks.
 http://www.washingtonlakes.com/misc/WSS ... on2013.jpg

As a side note: I was "slippin" into that infamous old Fairground when there was nothing but a Horse-Racing Track, Cotton Candy Booth, and a huge Ferris Wheel that provided you with the most magnificent view of Mt Rainer, when it stopped at its top and it always stopped for a few lucky souls for a moment or two, and they had a Merry-go-round full of "Hobby Horses" and wonderful kid music...and all this was surrounded by a 12ft tall x 3" thick fence made Mountain Hemlock and Alaskan Yellow Cedar!
No telling what the worth of that fence might be today as it surrounding the whole area of the Race-track and the entire Fair-Grounds...that would have been about 1945 maybe 1946.

:Doh! On second thought,  I honestly think a man just might get "water-boarded" if he even tried to slip into that place nowadays...I know I probably would!

Time is such a precious thing!

Uncle Russ...

Offline Cannonball

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2013, 01:08:44 PM »
Will TMA have a booth at the Puyallup Sportsman Show?

Offline sse

• TMA Founder
  • TMA: TMA Co-Founder, Charter Member, BoD.
  • TMA Member: Charter Member #3
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2013, 01:15:58 PM »
That's a good Q...
Regards, sse

Consider joining the TMA...If you're not a member, you're missing out...

TMA Member #3
Exp. July A.D. 1821

Offline Uncle Russ

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2013, 03:22:54 PM »
No sir, there will be no TMA booth at the Puyallup Sportsman's Show.

And, unless someone comes forward to run one at the Monroe Show there will also not be a dedicated TMA booth.
Many of our Washington Members, and others too, go to the Monroe Show because it is THE show for Muzzleloaders in the Pacific Northwest.

In the very early days of the TMA the possibility of the Sportsman's Show was indeed checked into, but the price to display at such an event was not for the weak at heart, and cost has only gone up more since 2005 when I last talked to them.
In the old days we could have gotten by, as a Not for Profit Organization, for around $820.00 a day for a small booth or around $5,000 for the entire event....that Non-Profit Discount is no longer offered to just any organization, it is my understanding it has to be applied for a year or two in advance.,,,.
Today that same booth runs $1,150 a day for the entire show, or $2,200 per day for select days.

Cost for indoors display, such as a New Type of River Boat, Walleye Boat, Bass Boat, ATV, Hummer, etc etc, is $3.00 per sq.ft. with 1,000 sq.ft. minimum.
Cost for outdoor display is $1.50 per sq.ft. with 750 sq.ft. minimum.

I have attended the Sportsman Show several times in the past, sometimes for three, even four days running, and I have yet to see all they do and display at this event.

This may give you an idea of what the costs are......   http://www.thesportshows.com/exhibitor-info/wss/

The only thing I'm aware of that is more expensive to display at is the Shot-Show now running in Las Vegas.
My son-in-law who owns Mega Arms in Tumwater WA is paying over $5,000 a day for this.
 http://megaarms.com/

If Bigsmoke sees this he might chime in on the cost of such operations since he was once a regular at such shows.....I was too when they were held in Dallas Texas.

Bottom line for us in the TMA.......do our best to get someone to man the tables at the Monroe Show but, since only a select few have stepped up to do this over the past seven or eight years those same people are now sometimes too far away, or can't get away from their jobs long enough to volunteer the time.
That plus the fact that was the very first muzzleloading show the TMA hit, the old timers were inundated with literature and folks trying to talk up the Association.
Still yet, there are new comers every year and if the Association had a table I think it might pay for itself, that is if they haven't gone over $50 per day.

Uncle Russ...

Offline pathfinder

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2013, 05:25:59 PM »
I guess Kalamazoo is a bargin at $57.00 for the weekend! $1100.00 a day! That's ridiculous! But commercial properties have ALWAY'S been beyond reasonable. Too many making to much and doing very little!
NRA life member
NMLRA

Online Bigsmoke

• TMA: Charter Member #150
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 08:44:01 PM »
Russ,
I don't think the Monroe show is all that much for table rent.  I would imagine a table would run less than $50 for the weekend.
Your son in law must have a fair size booth to be paying 5 grand a day.  When I decided the SHOT show wasn't for me, I think a 10 x 10 was about 2,200 simoleans for the 4 day event, plus furnishings and transportation and lodging and meals and entertainment.  It certainly set us back about $5,000 to attend.
It seemed that about the same time, many of the smaller guys in the sport got the message that it was a crock of poo poo to participate.  Us, Buffalo Bullet, Warren Muzzleloading, Ox-Yoke, MSM, and more all disappeared within a couple of years from the register of exhibitors at the SHOT Show.  No idea what it is now, and really, could care a heck of a lot less.
I think all in all, if we ever broke even on a year, it was a miracle.
I don't even bother going anymore.  Could care less about the plastic guns and camo and tree stands and paint ball guns.
John
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest Up to God.

BigSmoke - John Shorb
TMA Charter Member #150  
NRA - Life
Coeur d'Alene Muzzleloaders - Life

Online BEAVERMAN

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2013, 09:44:16 PM »
Quote from: "Cannonball"
Will TMA have a booth at the Puyallup Sportsman Show?

CB, the WSMA will have a booth their in the 2 story building, usually in the SW corner , send me a PM and I will send you my phone# we can yak if you like, Beav  residing in Auburn
Jim Smith
TMA Vice President
Green River Mountain Men
Peninsula Longrifles
WSMA
U.S.M.C.
BSA                    

Offline pathfinder

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2013, 09:00:37 AM »
Quote from: "bigsmoke"
Russ,
I don't think the Monroe show is all that much for table rent.  I would imagine a table would run less than $50 for the weekend.
Your son in law must have a fair size booth to be paying 5 grand a day.  When I decided the SHOT show wasn't for me, I think a 10 x 10 was about 2,200 simoleans for the 4 day event, plus furnishings and transportation and lodging and meals and entertainment.  It certainly set us back about $5,000 to attend.
It seemed that about the same time, many of the smaller guys in the sport got the message that it was a crock of poo poo to participate.  Us, Buffalo Bullet, Warren Muzzleloading, Ox-Yoke, MSM, and more all disappeared within a couple of years from the register of exhibitors at the SHOT Show.  No idea what it is now, and really, could care a heck of a lot less.
I think all in all, if we ever broke even on a year, it was a miracle.
I don't even bother going anymore.  Could care less about the plastic guns and camo and tree stands and paint ball guns.

The very reasoning don't read the"Feild and Stream" type magazines and watch the outdoor T. V. show's. It's like most of the fishing lures, meant to catch sportsmen, not game! The Shot show sure leaves a lot of us out
John
NRA life member
NMLRA