The Traditional Muzzleloading Association > TMA Information

What do I get for $15?

(1/7) > >>

Riley/MN:
“What do I get for my $15?”, some have been heard to ask. This is a hard question to answer –Everyone is looking to get the most bang for their buck these days.

Usually the person asking this has a hard time grasping the idea that they are “getting” to help promote something that is near and dear to the hearts of so many of us. They have a hard time grasping that this stuff that we have come to hold so dear can be taken from us, just from apathy.

Luckily for us there have always been enough like-minded folks around to make it profitable for vendors to market specifically to us. Black Powder has never gone out of production (yet).  

Well I tell you one thing you folks have received for your $15. You just got eight new muzzleloading rifles, along with fixin’s into the hands of two great programs that promote teaching young people about what we do.

Gamehaven Boy Scout Reservation in Rochester, Minnesota and Marion County 4-H Shooting Sports in Philadelphia, MO are the first two recipients of the TMA Youth Grant Rifles (soon to be presented-pictures to follow).

There is no telling how many future buckskinners might come out of this investment!

This grant program is funded solely from the dues YOU GUYS pay to the Association! Thank you all. This is a job very well done!

Riley/MN:
I have some personal experience with Gamehaven Scout Reservation. We have an annual Turkey Ridge Rendezvous. This will allow the shooting of good, reliable traditional muzzleloaders at our rendezvous.

We are also about to hold our second annual primitive biathlon. I don't know if the rifles will be here in time for this year, but this will allow us in the future to know that we have good, quality firearms lined up for the youth to use.

The camp also holds a special deer hunt two weekends a year by lottery to reduce the deer herd on the property.  This hunt allows shotguns or muzzleloaders. Once again, having good equipment on the property for the Scouts to use will allow them to harvest game with these rifles as well.

Riley/MN:
I do not have the same level of experience with Marion County 4-H Shooting Sports, but I hope someone will feel free to share a little more about their program.

I will share this from their application:

--- Quote ---The shooting sports program has been a part of the local 4-H programs for years and we are currently trying to expand. The local Palmyra, Mo. Park board has allowed us to install a range on the park grounds to utilize for the shooting and archery elements of our programs. The current leadership has been involved for a number of years and would continue to do so.
The current program depends on the type of firearms that the volunteer leaders own. This results in some years only having in-line style muzzleloaders or no muzzleloaders at all. This grant would enable the 4-H to year in and year out offer traditional muzzleloader shooting as a consistant element of our program. The leadership feels that with this equipment upgrade, the interest would flourish and expand.

--- End quote ---

R.M.:
As so many say, the best $15.00 you can spend.
Way to go TMA.  

greyhunter:
:applaud

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version