Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Basket Case #1  (Read 1308 times)

Spotted Bull

Basket Case #1
« on: March 04, 2012, 05:36:31 PM »
OK...A young man I mentor has shown me the two revolvers that his mother found in an old guys house when she was cleaning it...He gave them to him. Needless to say, they are in pretty bad shape. So, I wanted to show them to the experts here and see what we can do with them to maybe get them back in shooting order. Here is the first one, a .44 that has Richland Arms Co. stamped on the top of the barrel. Hammer will not pull back completely and the cylinder moves but just barely a millimeter. Here are some pics.

Offline Gambia

• TMA Forum Member
Re: Basket Case #1
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 03:47:26 PM »
Once you get it apart I would replace all the springs and maybe even the screws if they get boogered up in the process and for that I recommend VTI gun parts as your source.
http://www.vtigunparts.com/

Spotted Bull

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2012, 06:49:38 PM »
From one Bull to another, thanks brother!

Offline Gambia

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 08:08:46 PM »
You are welcome.  I've rebuilt more than one 58 Remmy and found that not only does VTI usually have the parts needed but also the knowledge to get the right part for your pistol as well.  The numerous import companies that have come and gone over the years had to buy from someone, usually over in Italy and it's not always clearly marked on the gun.