Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: "Traditional Archery"  (Read 3131 times)

Offline Riley/MN

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA Member: Charter Member #20
Re: "Traditional Archery"
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2013, 04:40:54 PM »
Quote from: "RussB"
Quote from: "Carolina Joe"
Fletcher, I have not had the oppurtinity to make it to any events as of yet. I do talke the bow to the range and hunting as well. As for the arrows I shoot the new gold tip tradtional desgn with feathers. I would love to find someone on the forum who could make me some primitive arrows.

Joe, my friend, Fletcher The Arrow Maker, invented the arrow back in the day....the guys that came out with this new thing called a "wheel", they sought counsel with Fletcher when it came to truing up their new invention.

He can make you arrows that will come back to you, so you don't have to walk out and get 'em.  :hairy  :hairy
~Riley
><>

TMA Charter Member #20

Support Traditional Muzzleloading - Join the TMA!

Offline Carolina Joe

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2013, 08:34:32 PM »
Uncle Russ, I will talk to Fletch see if can fit me into his schedule.

Offline Fletcher

• TMA Forum Member
    • http://www.glaciertraditionalarchery.com
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2013, 01:04:48 AM »
I have Rondy and SCA events several weeks every month all summer, but I always have time for
for a TMA family member.

Carolina Joes PM answered - thanks for the good words Ol' friends.
Fletcher the Arrow Maker
Montana TMA State Representative
TMA Charter Member #143 exp 11/4/18
NRA Training Counselor
BSA National Camp School Director -
Shooting Sports
NRA Life Member
Flathead Valley Muzzleloaders

Offline Eric Krewson

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2013, 09:45:46 AM »
I went to " Crockett Days" at Davy Crockett park in Laurenceburg Tn last year to see how my first flintlock build stacked up against the die hard buckskinning bunch's guns who were camped up there. Most had TVM guns, mine was as good as most so I was satisfied.

I mentioned to several guys that I was really a bow maker, just started making guns. They begged me to come back with some of my bows the next day, such a hunger for primitive archery!

The next day I brought a bamboo backed osage bow and a copperhead backed osage for them to see. I was stopped about every 20 ft as I walked through the quarter mile long camp by someone wanting to buy my bows.

There is a permanent archery range across from the camp so I offered to give a shooting demonstration to one guy who really showed and interest in my bows.  The word got out apparently and soon I looked like the pied piper as I trekked to the range, at least 20 people were following me to see my "demonstration".

Fortunately I was on that day and shot way beyond my ability, drilling bottle caps at 20 yds.

I offered bow making instruction(no takers, the usual "I couldn't ever do that" excuses), gave an osage stave to a really nice guy and walked away really surprised at the hunger(unfulfilled) for primitive archery equipment at these events.