Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Seriously...!  (Read 10990 times)

Online Nessmuk

• TMA BoD
  • 2019 thru 2023 Postal Match Director
  • TMA Member: TMA Contributing Member
Re: Seriously...!
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2019, 11:35:03 AM »
Uncle Russ,

You might want to look into this, I  donate to "Relic Radio" monthly automatically   through paypal. (Yes, I'm  an OldTime Radio nut). Maybe this could work for TMA? $1.25 a month  automatically  out of your checking account  and never be embarrassed  again?
I'm  not  H/C or P/C or even a particularly  good shot but I have a hell of a good time!

Dedicated to the TMA.
Join us, Friend

Offline Oldetexian

• TMA BoD
  • TMA: Virginia State Rep.
  • TMA Member: TMA Supporting Member #831, expiration 4/17/2021
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2019, 07:52:03 AM »
This is a real issue. I have only recently joined the TMA, coming back to traditional muzzleloading after a long absence. (life happens, right?) The point is that you cannot properly enjoy this sport (for lack of a better word) without the help and companionship of others. That means that we all need to be "evangelizing" to other muzzleloaders at every opportunity.

Evangelizing simply means spreading the good news. And it is certainly not difficult to talk about the advantages of being a part of TMA. In the short time I have been a member I have already gotten a half dozen answers to questions that have had me scratching my head, and even more great ideas for possible projects I want to try.

In short, I am a believer. And I am going to make sure that I take every opportunity to let others in my area know about the value of membership in the TMA. Working together we can grow this sport, not only the TMA.
Virginia State Rep.
TMA BoD

"fiat justitia ruat caelum"
(let justice be done though the heavens fall)

Ray Buchanan

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2019, 12:44:03 PM »
And we're certainly glad to have all who support traditional muzzleloading here with us.  :toast :shake

When one thinks about it, membership in the TMA is only 4.1 cents a day, and that's not bad for having a base where one can promote their events while preserving traditional muzzleloading, and meet others with the same interest that (who knows) could be your neighbor a few doors away. And we have some mighty good visits here on our website with like minded folks.

IMHO, no organization can "partially" promote traditional muzzleloading, and this is where the TMA shines because we're 100% traditional muzzleloading. We are seen at all kinds of events, and we promote at these events.

We listen to our members and like (and encourage) their input.

In short, we are one big family - brothers and sisters who share the same interest that we've enjoyed for years. We're also a place for the new folks coming into our "hobby/sport" to come and learn / help all who's interested is traditional muzzleloading, a place to come and say hello, ask questions, give advise, share idea's, and just have a good ol' campfire visit.

:shake :toast :shake   
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Online Nessmuk

• TMA BoD
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2019, 10:41:39 AM »
Joe is exactly right! When I  joined TMA, I   felt like I  had just returned to a family I  never knew I had. I read the new posts every day and I spend time reading the old post too. I  think Oldtexian and I  have that in common. When Rondo went into the hospital, I  started reading every post he made. I find myself on the site at least 3 times a day.I'd  be lost without  TMA. Thank you, my friends .  :hairy
I'm  not  H/C or P/C or even a particularly  good shot but I have a hell of a good time!

Dedicated to the TMA.
Join us, Friend

Offline Oldetexian

• TMA BoD
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2019, 03:59:08 PM »
Thanks for the post, Nessmuk.  :hairy We do have a lot in common. Since joining TMA I am on the site at least several times (or more) a day. I find my self reading even the old posts because I learn something new from almost every one I read. Also, it is just damned refreshing to find a group of reprobates that really enjoy smokepoles and traditional black powder hunting. I might be crazy, as many of my acquaintance claim, but at least I have found out I am not alone. Here's to all of us!:toast
Virginia State Rep.
TMA BoD

Ray Buchanan

Online Nessmuk

• TMA BoD
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2019, 08:33:50 PM »
I don't  think I've  ever  smiled at being called a reprobate before.
Thanks, Tex. ... I think.   :lol sign

Dedicated to the TMA.
Join us, Friend

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2019, 10:28:34 PM »
I don't  think I've  ever  smiled at being called a reprobate before.
Thanks, Tex. ... I think.   :lol sign

:lol sign

Someone once told me that I was almost civilized - made me feel like moldy cheese... :laffing  :hairy
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Offline Oldetexian

• TMA BoD
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2019, 06:55:58 AM »
I have arrived at the age where being called civilized is an insult. Being civilized means conformity with the norm and having all the rough edges ground off. I've worked too hard all my life to be satisfied with being a carbon copy or a reproduction of anyone else. I might be scarred, and have some obvious bumps and bruises, but I earned every one of them being me. I am not really interested in what the masses think or do.

My motto that I have always lived by is simple: "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much damned room." My favorite places are on the edge and my favorite people are on the edge. As all of us who are serious hunters know, the best place to find game is on the edge... so that's where I try to live...
Virginia State Rep.
TMA BoD

Ray Buchanan

Offline Lonewolfe20

• TMA Forum Member
  • TMA Member: Member # 757 Expires 7/25/2020, Member & State Representative.
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2019, 10:41:10 AM »
Well put
 :hairy
NRA Member
State Representative for South Dakota, contact me for more SD info
TMA #757

Online Winter Hawk

• TMA Contributing Member
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2019, 08:50:52 PM »
Well, there are those who say I am OVER the edge!!!  :lol sign

~Kees~
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone
USN June 1962-Nov. 65, USS Philip, DD-498

Dues paid to 02 Jan. 2025

Offline Doc Nock

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2020, 01:36:00 PM »
Getting an email reminder as I age would surely help as things not in front of my nose tend to disappear as I've aged... :Doh!

Online Winter Hawk

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2021, 11:41:04 AM »
I'm not sure, but are email or PM reminders going out now, like the birthday greetings?

I just found that when you go to"profile", then "account settings", and finally under "Actions" to "paid subscriptions", scrolling down to the bottom tells you when your membership expires.  Now how cool is that?

You learn something new every day! :hairy

~Kees~
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone

Online KDubs

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2021, 12:57:28 PM »
 Well now, I joined last yr after buying my first sidelock percussion ML ( I now have three), my membership was to expire next month so I just went ahead and re-upped for 2 yrs this time.  If we had a life membership that would be great.   
 IMHO TMA is by far the best site for the traditionalist.

I mostly frequent trad bowhunting sites, been trad for over 30 yrs, but over the last few seasons my interest in archery has slowed somewhat and I needed to scratch an itch so to speak.
 I have several modern firearms but belong to no modern FA sites. at least for me, centerfire weapons are tools. no real emotional connection to them except other than my late fathers guns of course
 Traditional ML's fit my needs perfectly. I'm an old school kinda guy . I enjoy the history, the camaraderie and just the overall experience BP and TMA have given me.  I truly get excited when the ML only seasons rolls around, here that means Nov/Dec. traditional ML only, no inline stuff. love that.
 anyway as the Idaho TMA rep I would be more than happy to contact Idaho members regarding their memberships if that would help in any way.
 Is there a way to get an email list of the state members so I can help members renew, retain and promote TMA.
kevin

TMA Idaho rep.
USAF Medic 1982-1992  Aim High

Offline Uncle Russ

• TMA Founder. Walk softly & carry a big Smoothbore!
  • TMA Member: Founder / Charter Member #004
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2021, 04:23:56 AM »
Good to see you guys brought this old thread back to life!
It speaks volumes for many.
A fella just doesn't like to find himself in the arrears on anything he enjoys.
As Jim (SSE) so aptly mentioned, it becomes "Unbearable".

Russ...
It's the many things we don't do that totally sets us apart.
TMA Co-Founder / Charter Member# 4

Online Winter Hawk

« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2021, 01:58:18 PM »
Well now, I joined last yr after buying my first sidelock percussion ML ( I now have three)
Strange how that happens!  :lol sign
  IMHO TMA is by far the best site for the traditionalist.
I purely agree with you!
 :hairy
~Kees~
NMLRA Life