Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Track Of The Wolf Tents  (Read 1743 times)

Offline Otter Trapper +

• TMA Forum Member
Track Of The Wolf Tents
« on: August 09, 2014, 06:56:20 AM »
Been looking for a Baker style tent for a while. Seems like Track has them much cheaper than anywhere else I have seen. Does anyone know if these are good quality tents? Thanks for the help.

Online Bigsmoke

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA: Charter Member #150
Re: Track Of The Wolf Tents
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 10:31:41 AM »
Call them up and ask them.
I don't know for sure, as I have never bought tents from Track.  Seems that most all the stuff one gets from Track is of pretty good quality.  But ask them who the manufacturer is.  Can't hurt.  Then you can compare prices also.
John
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest Up to God.

BigSmoke - John Shorb
TMA Charter Member #150  
NRA - Life
Coeur d'Alene Muzzleloaders - Life

Offline Greg Roemke

• TMA Forum Member
  • TMA: Supporting Member #826
  • TMA Member: Membership expiration, 2/16/2020
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 03:55:18 AM »
Howdy!

I was wondering if you had ever gone ahead with the purchase of the tent?  I'very been curious about the Track of the Wolf tents myself!

Offline LRB

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2015, 01:59:40 PM »
TOW tents used to be made by RK LODGES. I bought my first tent from them. A 10 x 10 wedge. One of the best I have ever owned. I always liked the over lap on the doorway. A good foot wide with more ties than many others I see.

Thinking back, My first was a wall tent from RK purchased direct, as was my third. The wall tent was also a very fine tent. My third from them, a 12 x 12 with a bell back, I cannot brag on. It was a lighter weight canvas, Sunforger treated, and the walls seeped water when it rained hard. I stopped the seeping with NIKWAX, but I feel I should not have had to do that.

Offline greyhunter

• TMA Forum Member
  • TMA Member: Membership #291, Expires 2/11/2019
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 08:34:21 PM »
Bought a 9x9 pyramid off Track, and it is very well made by RK Lodges. Have owned it at least ten years, but only a few camps each year. I think back then it was $239.00 shipped. You should call them and find out the maker, but I'm proud of mine.
Pa. TMA State Representative.[/color]
Member#291  2/11/19

Offline Loyalist Dave

• TMA Forum Member
  • TMA Member: 800
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2015, 12:20:59 PM »
Bakers are great tents, but if you don't have your heart set on one you should know that some of the larger events (such as Fort Frederick Market Fair) don't allow them.  

LD
It's not what you think you know; it's what you can prove.

Offline Greg Roemke

• TMA Forum Member
  • TMA: Supporting Member #826
  • TMA Member: Membership expiration, 2/16/2020
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2015, 12:33:26 PM »
I did not know that some events didn't allow the Baker tent, but I do recall there was some controversy over the tents correctness.

It's a shame, too, because I love the design! I will have to continue research, though my wife loves the idea of being able to open that flap and cool the tent down and snooze.  Her ideal outing is heavy on the nap side of the equation!

Offline LRB

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2015, 12:40:12 PM »
If you have a wedge tent, with a door way on each end, you can  open one side using two extra poles.