Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Idea - 2 Day TMA Internet Shooting Match - Anyone Interested?  (Read 1607 times)

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
I've been bouncing this idea around in my head for awhile, and was wondering if anyone would be interested in having a "two day" TMA Internet Shooting Match, where those that enter, will go to their local Range (or where ever you shoot) on the same day(s) (your choice of either day) and we have us an Internet Shooting Match?

Here's what I have in mind;

We pick a weekend, (time zones won't matter). Those who take part will shoot a couple targets over those two days (whichever day of that weekend is convenient for you), and we report our scores here on our site (pictures welcome, but not necessary).

There are no prizes, we're just shooting to show some solidarity for our TMA, not only here but on facebook as well, and any other forum of media you may be connected with. Let's talk about this and get some input,,, and make sure everyone interested in doing this is on the same page.

Comments welcome!  :shake
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Offline Paulk

• TMA Contributing Member
Re: Idea - 2 Day TMA Internet Shooting Match - Anyone Interested?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 10:07:14 PM »
I'm in as long as I'm not out travelling the selected weekend.

Online Uncle Russ

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA Founder. Walk softly & carry a big Smoothbore!
  • TMA Member: Founder / Charter Member #004
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 01:43:56 AM »
Guys I would love to be with you on this, but the local weather has been anything but cooperative for shooting, or anything else, so far!
When our clocks "Sprang Forward" a little while back, I think the Pacific Northwest got a wee bit mixed up on just how far forward we were springing...
Looking at the Calendar, and the Weather channel at the same time, trying to get my May targets shot.

Jus'sayin

Uncle Russ...
It's the many things we don't do that totally sets us apart.
TMA Co-Founder / Charter Member# 4

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 09:10:38 AM »
I was kind of thinking somewhere in (August/September) to do something like this. Weather should be rather decent is my best guess. The time is open to suggestions. I would like if we could have enough time between now and whatever dates we would pick - to get the word out and talk this event up. I better get to work so's I can pay the bills. Talk with you all tonight.  :bl th up

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2017, 07:26:40 PM »
Friends, let's set this idea on the back burner for now. Rendezvous season is on us, as well our local club match schedule's, family vacations, our kids and grand kids summer sports schedule,,, lot'a stuff going on... We'll revisit this over the winter months and see what we can come up with.  :shake

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
  • TMA: Founder
  • TMA Member: TMA Charter Member#6
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 05:27:59 PM »
Friends, let's set this idea on the back burner for now. Rendezvous season is on us, as well our local club match schedule's, family vacations, our kids and grand kids summer sports schedule,,, lot'a stuff going on... We'll revisit this over the winter months and see what we can come up with.  :shake
Joe,.... settin' this idea on the back burner for now sounds like a good idea. I'm gonna be gearin' up for the Ft. Bridger Rendezvous after all, so I'm gonna be busier'n a one legged man in a grasshopper stompin' contest until after Labor Day weekend.  :bl th up :*:
"An honest man is worth his weight in gold"
For only $1.25 per-month, you too can help preserve our traditional muzzleloading heritage.
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6

Online RobD

• TMA Admin
  • TMA President & Contributing Member
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 05:58:50 AM »
imho, anything to do with shooting is always a good thing.  :bl th up 

picking a specific day or days would almost always be a problem for me, however.  :o

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 07:03:20 AM »
Joe,.... settin' this idea on the back burner for now sounds like a good idea. I'm gonna be gearin' up for the Ft. Bridger Rendezvous after all, so I'm gonna be busier'n a one legged man in a grasshopper stompin' contest until after Labor Day weekend.  :bl th up :*:

Alright Rondo, good to hear!   :hairy