TMA Events and Activites > TMA Postal Shoots

2018 Practice Targets?

(1/2) > >>

Winter Hawk:
Hi Joe!  You say that the 2018 targets will be more difficult; when do we get to see the practice targets, after registration begins?  I'm really curious to see how much harder they are.  This year's were hard enough for some of us (me!), the challenge seems to be mounting!  :laffing  Raising the bar, you might say.  :applaud

~WH~

Ohio Joe:

--- Quote from: Winter Hawk on October 07, 2017, 02:07:29 PM ---Hi Joe!  You say that the 2018 targets will be more difficult; when do we get to see the practice targets, after registration begins?  I'm really curious to see how much harder they are.  This year's were hard enough for some of us (me!), the challenge seems to be mounting!  :laffing  Raising the bar, you might say.  :applaud

~WH~

--- End quote ---

Go to this link (it's in the TMA Targets)  or just click this one below;

http://www.tradmla.org/tma-postal/tma-2018-targets/

Then click on the PS series of targets

PSC, PSP, PST, PSR

There are also other new targets there as well.  :shake

Maven:
They don't seem all that more difficult than their 2017 versions, which I can see well enough. Hitting them, however, is an entirely different matter. :laffing  Think of it this way WH:  there are so many more of those chicken things to test your aim.  I.e., anybody can miss 1 chicken, but 5?  The odds our in our favor!! :bl th up

Ohio Joe:
It's really two fold what will make the new 2018 targets more challenging. Size for one. They have been down sized, but a person is still allowed to darken them as long as they don't go outside the outside edge of the silhouette line - (No Sticky Dots Allowed),,, and the "Touch Rule" is out (we will no longer have that).  All shots must be 1/2 or better cutting the outside line of the silhouette (so 1/2 in) to count as a knock down.

Now there's another factor as well that can effect scores, such as if a person would happen to shoot one to many holes in one of the Silhouette's,,, well those are going to be scored as misses (it's in the Rules). This has not happen so far in 2017, but it's always a possibility it could happen (and if it happens in 2017 - it would be scored as a miss, just as it will be in 2018).

Now on the up side; aside from the Chicken where you only get 2 shots at each one,,, you get to take 5 shots at each Pig, Turkey, and Ram silhouettes on their target page. So,,, being able to take 5 consecutive shots in one location before shifting your aim on the target paper is (IMHO) a good way to find a spot to hold on that silhouette before moving to the next one.

Also, you have 3-1/2 months to find those 1 to 4 perfect days to shoot your targets - depending on how many you want to complete on a given day. :bl th up

And of course this needs to be added in; Aim small / Miss small... Yes, Mel Gibson said it in The Patriot,,, and by golly it may just be a line from a movie - but I've found that to be true.  :shake

We're still going to have a'lot of fun with this, and I expect some frustration as well... In the end however we'll look back on it and with satisfaction that we got it done. :toast   

Winter Hawk:
Thank you, Joe.   :hairy

Next question: what is the fee for the sillywet shoot?  Also, do the monthly targets get sent to you each month as it was this year, or do you want them all together like the sillywet targets?  Or do I have that turned around?  I can't remember.

I am NOT old, I am NOT old, I am NOT old.... my rememberer just doesn't remember like I remember it used to remember!  :laffing

~WH~

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version