Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Pedersoli Alamo 50 cal flintlock  (Read 2072 times)

Offline rdstrain49

• TMA Forum Member
Re: Pedersoli Alamo 50 cal flintlock
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2017, 09:16:02 PM »
Mike, I haven't read the entire thread, so disregard if this is repetitious.  I have a Pedersoli Cub, a wonderfully light and fast handling woods rifle.  The only thing I have noticed is the rifling is very shallow, as I believe are other Pedersoli front loaders.  As a result it does not like slick patches.  It does much better with spit patches on the range.  I am currently working on another project, but as soon as I'm done with that I intend to start working up a load for the Cub using Dutch's dry patch lube.  That will be and excellent solution for a hunting AND range patch.  Hope this helps some.

Offline Mike in Oz

• TMA Forum Member
  • New BP shooter, only been doing this since 2015.
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2017, 09:29:45 PM »
Mate, I use Dutch's system myself and have seen significant improvements in my groups, after I bought a grain scale and made some dry patch material!

I'd recommend his book and system to anyone who will listen.

Mike, I haven't read the entire thread, so disregard if this is repetitious.  I have a Pedersoli Cub, a wonderfully light and fast handling woods rifle.  The only thing I have noticed is the rifling is very shallow, as I believe are other Pedersoli front loaders.  As a result it does not like slick patches.  It does much better with spit patches on the range.  I am currently working on another project, but as soon as I'm done with that I intend to start working up a load for the Cub using Dutch's dry patch lube.  That will be and excellent solution for a hunting AND range patch.  Hope this helps some.

Offline Stevep51d

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2017, 01:06:59 AM »
I don't know about the Alamo rifle but I have been looking very seriously at their 54 Jaeger target flinter! That rifle gives me goosebumps

Offline Mike in Oz

• TMA Forum Member
  • New BP shooter, only been doing this since 2015.
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2017, 02:51:50 AM »
I don't know about the Alamo rifle but I have been looking very seriously at their 54 Jaeger target flinter! That rifle gives me goosebumps

I gave that one super serious consideration myself but it was just too damn spendy for me.

$2100 AUD is a lot of money for a rifle that i can't even hold before i buy it!