TMA Events and Activites > TMA Special Event Shoots

Biathlons

(1/5) > >>

Riley/MN:
It looks like a busy February coming up for the MN/WI TMA'ers!

Can't get my attachments to attach, so...

Please contact me if you would like me to email a flier, or if you would like to help. We will be looking for manpower and donations to help make these events a success.

Forts Folle Avoine Primitive Biathlon
Saturday, February 17, 2018 • 10am to 2pm
Sponsored by Burnett County Historical Society and the Traditional Muzzleloading Association

Join us for our first Primitive Biathlon at Forts Folle Avoine Historical Park. This event combines marksmanship with endurance as participants snowshoe through a course that includes three rounds of traditional black powder rifle or musket shooting at the gun range.
The Primitive Biathlon is open to people of all skill levels and experience. The event will be held regardless of weather. If there is insufficient snow for snowshoes, participants may wear boots. The entry fee is $15, and there will be several prizes for the winners as well as door prizes for participants.
This event is free to onlookers who will be able to cheer on their favorite participants as they snowshoe around the course. Also that day, join us for our annual Indoor Rendezvous Trade Fair and Winter Encampment (Sat. Feb 17, 10am to 4pm and Sunday Feb. 18, 10am to 3pm) at the Visitor Center. Lunch will be available for purchase.
715-866-8890 * 8500 County Road U, Danbury, WI 54830 * theForts.org

ENTRY REGISTRATION FORM
Name: _____________________________________________________________
Address: ____________________________________________________________
City: ___________________________ State: _________ ZIP: ________________
Phone: _____________________________________________________________
Email: ______________________________________________________________
I agree to abide by the rules of this event. I also accept the inherent danger involved in handling and being around firearms and will employ the highest degree of safety practice during the event. (In case any question or dispute about safety, rules, or results, the decision of the event organizers will be final).
Signature: ________________________________________________________ Date: _______________________________________
Entry Fee: $15
Make checks payable to: BCHS
Mail to:
Forts Folle Avoine
8500 County Road U
Danbury WI 54830

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Primitive Biathlon
“Black Powder & Snow Shoes”
Saturday February 24th, 2018
GAMEHAVEN SCOUT RESERVATION
ROCHESTER, MN
This will be a round ball event only! Any snowshoes allowed. Dress for the weather, Furs or Fleece. Any metallic sight allowed. The course will be approx. 1.8 miles long with four stations of three shots each, and will be on the clock. This will be a timed event with time reduced for shots hit. A misfire will be considered as a miss!
Prizes awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishes. Don’t miss our specialty targets!
One may also enjoy our late Saturday afternoon “Winter Walk”- Stroll this beautiful winter wonderland (with or without snowshoes) and shoot the course without challenging the clock.
Make sure to check out the “Buck Skinner Garage Sale” (Trade Tables)
In the spirit of the event, this is an “All-Weather ” event!
Pre-register before FEBRUARY 2nd - $10,
After February 2nd – $15
Please reserve your spot ASAP.
To pre-register or get more info’ contact:
Riley Snyder • 507-261-0888 • riley@plainviewscouts.org
Print a registration form or get directions at www.gamehavenBSA.org
Event location:
Gamehaven Scout Reservation
5015 Simpson Road S.E. Rochester, MN 55904
Co-Sponsored by: The Traditional Muzzleloading Association
tradmla.org

PRIMITIVE BIATHLON ENTRY FORM
GAMEHAVEN SCOUT RESERVATION
February 24th, 2017
9:00am – 5:00pm Saturday
WINNERS ANNOUNCED AT CLOSE ON SATURDAY
& WONDERFUL PRIZES AWARDED
NAME:____________________________________________________________
ADDRESS:_________________________________________________________
CITY/TOWN:_______________________________________________________
STATE:_________________________________ZIP CODE:_________________
DAYTIME PHONE:__________________EVENING PHONE:_______________
E-MAIL ADDRESS:_________________________________________________
DATE OF BIRTH:_______/_____/_______
PLEASE CIRCLE YOUR EVENT(S)
BIATHLON (timed event) WINTER WALK (untimed event)
IF YOU ARE COMING AS A GROUP, PLEASE SEND ALL ENTRIES IN ONE ENVELOPE, AS WE WILL TRY TO SCHEDULE YOUR GROUP IN CONSECUTIVE ORDER.
IN THE EVENT OF A QUESTION REGARDING RULES OR RESULTS, THE DECISION OF THE
ORGANIZERS WILL BE FINAL
Participants under 18 need a parent to sign a black powder permission slip.
By attending this event I agree to comply with all rules and that I hold harmless Gamehaven Scout Reservation and all involved with this event.
Signature: ______________________________________________________
PARTICIPANT FEE (one event): $10.00
PRIMITIVE CAMPING – FREE to registered participants. $10.00 per unregistered camper.
GREAT HOUSE: Experience “Barracks life” in a heated barracks on site for only $5 per night!
CABINS: Heated cabins that sleep up to four are available for $30 for the weekend.
Please Contact Council Office to Confirm Lodging Availability – 507-287-1410
MAKE CHECK PAYABLE TO: Gamehaven Council
SEND TO: Gamehaven Council
1124 11 1/2 St. SE
Rochester, MN 55904

Riley/MN:
Time is closin in fellas! Anyone need more info on the biathlons?

Ohio Joe:
Riley, good luck and have lots of fun this coming Saturday! If it's possible to get some video (pictures for sure) both would be great. I think this is a very good program the TMA is involved with and I hope it continues to build a lot of interest!  :hairy

Riley/MN:
Thanks! I did get some pictures from the Folle Avoine biathlon, as did Jim Swanson. They are available on our FB group page, but I will try to get some over here at some point. We had 18 "biathletes" at Folle Avoine. It was a great first year! I hope that one keeps going, too!

Uncle Russ:

--- Quote from: Riley/MN on February 21, 2018, 10:29:09 AM ---Thanks! I did get some pictures from the Folle Avoine biathlon, as did Jim Swanson. They are available on our FB group page, but I will try to get some over here at some point. We had 18 "biathletes" at Folle Avoine. It was a great first year! I hope that one keeps going, too!

--- End quote ---

:hairy

Uncle Russ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version