Shooting Traditional Firearms and Weapons > General Interest

!!! LYMAN RECALL !!!

(1/3) > >>

RobD:

Ohio Joe:
Thank you for posting this, Rob.

I checked my GPR Serial number A596588 and it would appear I'm not safe;

A595960 (A596588) A599026

Well darn it! I best get moving on this.

Rob, is there any way to post this recall as a link somewhere on our home page header?

Thanks again,
Joe

RobD:
i've created a session popup announcement window.

the problem is with the breech plug and not the barrel.  some, but not all, plugs are defective and need to be replaced.

lyman is asking for the barrels to be returned only because most folks can't remove the breech plug.

this is not a lyman problem, it's an investarms problem - so, this will also affect all investarms guns rebranded as lyman, cabela, DGW, etc.

Ohio Joe:
Thanks Rob, saw it, it looks good.  :bl th up

I give Investarms credit for addressing this problem. Something by the way a well known American company did not do until just recently after (50 years) and it cost the lives of many people (both young and old) by denying they had a trigger/safety problem even after the Inventor of that trigger/safety system said it would fail.

Uncle Russ:

--- Quote from: RobD on February 21, 2018, 08:00:27 AM ---i've created a session popup announcement window.

the problem is with the breech plug and not the barrel.  some, but not all, plugs are defective and need to be replaced.

lyman is asking for the barrels to be returned only because most folks can't remove the breech plug.

this is not a lyman problem, it's an investarms problem - so, this will also affect all investarms guns rebranded as lyman, cabela, DGW, etc.

--- End quote ---

Good work on that "Pop-up"....it's working just fine. :bl th up

And, I agree about InvestArms......
THEY should have been in the lead on this from the instant of discovery.

Good on Lyman for stepping up.
That act speaks Volumes about the brand.

Uncle Russ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version