Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Information for TMA Members.  (Read 3160 times)

Offline Uncle Russ

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA Founder. Walk softly & carry a big Smoothbore!
  • TMA Member: Founder / Charter Member #004
Information for TMA Members.
« on: April 08, 2018, 05:15:20 PM »
With the current news cycle overflowing with stories of hacking, and Private Information being stolen, I would like to ensure our membership that your information is safe with us.

We ask that your personal profile on the forum be completed, with things like your Membership Number, Town of Residence, email, etc, but you can rest assured that your real personal information, such as telephone number, and mailing address, is seen by only two people.
Those two people are me, and the Treasurer of the TMA.

We all have concerns that our more private information remains private, and we here at the TMA are well aware of that fact.

Still yet, at times we need that information...such as when you join the TMA, and when you renew your membership.
The reason for needing it when you renew is because Members do move around a bit, retirement, new job, new home, new apartment, and even at times, there's sadly a separation in the family.
When that happens we need to know your new contact information when you renew.

We have mailed out many TMA Medallions that were returned.
With a like number never being received by the Member, but never returned to the TMA.
We have had renewals containing a simple new Membership Card being returned, all marked "No longer at this Address".

When this happens, we try hard to locate you through the forum, and by the last email on record.
This creates an added burden on an all-volunteer Organization.

When we ask for personal information, it's because we somehow need it.
And when we do ask, you can remain assured that the same information is in safe hands.

NEW Members are encouraged to send me their current mailing address at: NWTradeRifle1@yahoo.com
But ONLY if you want a Membership Packet.

Thank you for reading this!

Respectfully, Uncle Russ...
It's the many things we don't do that totally sets us apart.
TMA Co-Founder / Charter Member# 4

Offline Flinchlock

• TMA Forum Member
  • Oft muß Mann "zum Teufel damit"
    • reenactor.Net
  • TMA Member: TMA Member #819. Membership expiration 11/24/2022
Re: Information for TMA Members.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 08:10:50 PM »
Do you automatically put our membership number in the forum profile? Do you still do medallions? I know I got my membership kit and the stickers, especially the "Got Black Powder?" DO get noticed.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Marsh Wise
Ah likes flintlocks, but any gun is good -- okay, guns that hurt to shoot aren't good.

Head Village Idiot at www.reenactor.Net and www.romanobritain.org

Offline Uncle Russ

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA Founder. Walk softly & carry a big Smoothbore!
  • TMA Member: Founder / Charter Member #004
Re: Information for TMA Members.
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2019, 09:52:22 PM »
I'm opening this post up again so everyone has a chance to read it once more
It seems to have fallen behind with the passing of time and gets overlooked, but it's still just as important today as it was over a year ago when first posted.

NEW Members, within the past year, are especially encouraged to read it and understand that your information is safe with us.

**Since the change with Pay-Pal, that occurred more than a year ago, your Membership, according to them, is now considered a "Subscription", as we are not selling anything, you subscribe to a Membership, you do not "buy" it, and we do not ship it.

Anyway, since we are not shipping anything to you, your Shipping Address is no longer required on the Pay-Pal form you submit for payment to the TMA and, as such we have no record other than your Screen Name, and your legal name.
We do not have a mailing address!
As long as we continue sending out Membership Packets your current mailing address is essential if you want a Membership Packet.
***Please note the date of this Post....shortly afterwards The Membershp Packet had to be discontinued because of the lack of and continued  failure of Members to provide this information. We're very sorry!. ..

Thanks again for reading this.
Respectfully, Uncle Russ...
It's the many things we don't do that totally sets us apart.
TMA Co-Founder / Charter Member# 4