Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Practical Rondy jokes by???friends.  (Read 256 times)

Offline Mad Irish Jack

• TMA Contributing Member
    • Rangers of the Ohio Company
  • TMA Member: Tma Member #796
Practical Rondy jokes by???friends.
« on: September 10, 2018, 02:06:52 PM »
Who needs enemies with friends like these. :wave It's why the practical jokes keep getting exchanged. One main ingredient (rule) that makes it work so well. Major Rule: No one gets physically injured, no personal items broken or destroyed; everyone has some jollys; And most important- EXPECT retribution at a future time (unexpectedly!) :lol sign :bl th up
A) My friend TWO BEARS, started providing fried chicken for Saturday night. He has one of those 30" campwide skillets. He'd pre-ready the wings, legs and other chicken and bread it just before placing it in the medium heated Special Oil Mixture. As it would start to sizzle, Two Bears would tell those already there to watch the food, and hand the fork, spatula or spoon to someone, and say he had to go see a GUY???? OK we watched, stirred and kept an eye on it. After it was finished cooking we'd take it off so it wouldn't burn. Then we'd start to eat before it cooled to much. About that time 2 Bears returns and laughingly says he hopes we left him some food. He proceeds to ask how we all enjoyed his soon to be famous (It is now) "Walk Away Chicken!" He still provides it, we still watch and wonder; "Who's this GUY he always goes to see?"
B) Two Bears best friend :shake and camp partner, a lifetime friend that is a master knifemaker and bladesmith, Greg, who finally got 2 bears back, FINALLY. We were getting ready for a Rondezvous Mountainman Vowel ReDo Wedding. Greg was cleaned up ready to go. 2 bears is washing his sweaty, long hair and is all soaped up. He'd poured out some water into a wash basin and mixed some warmed water in to temperature. 2 Bears had half the camp watch him hurrying to get ready with face and head covered in soap as he asked Greg to dump the water to rinse his hair. Well, Greg smiled at us all as he removed the canvas cover on the Igloo water cooler filled with ice water, Greg removed the lid, smiling all the while and then as 2 Bears bent over, Greg dumped the cooler contents on 2 Bears from his waist to his head and the CHASE and Giggles was on,...for at least 2 full minutes. Then 2 Bears said "You Wait!"  Gregs' response is our groups motto. "I know, it's your turn,... But I don't get even, I WILL get ahead." which precipitated another Chase and Giggles. These are the things that people talk about over the fires in the winter hunt camps and hopefully stoke the interest for some newbies. Let's hear some of your fun memories! :*: :applaud
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 01:08:42 PM by Mad Irish Jack »
My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
   The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.