Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: October 2018 Postal Match Results  (Read 1415 times)

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
October 2018 Postal Match Results
« on: September 29, 2018, 08:07:09 PM »
October

25 Yards Offhand - Smoothbore - (SB-75 Target) (7 Shots - Will Score The Highest 5 Shots)

PaulK.....795....................48-0x
Axe.......117....................46-1x
Maven....778....................34-0x

Axe.......117....................46-1x

Axe requested I remove his score as he shot his target with a 12ga Fowler and our Rules state .62 caliber.  I feel his efforts in the October smoothy match should still be recognized and I see no reason to not show these efforts of his target shot. I feel Axe' request speaks highly of the caliber of very good folks we share a Postal Match firing line with.  :shake

I also feel we should open these smoothy matches to .75 caliber in 2019 which should cover the 12ga... There's probably quite a few Brown Bess' out there that may want to see some smoothbore shooting.  What do you guys say?

Guys, I've been doing some reading of our Rules, and I see we only have a caliber restriction on the "TMA Annual Silhouettes Match" not the Smoothbore Matches / or the Monthly Rifle Matches... So Axe, your score is reinstated.    :shake  I still stand by my statement above, "I feel Axe' request speaks highly of the caliber of very good folks we share a Postal Match firing line with."  :shake

Now here is something that will come up eventually;

Q; Can I use a Rifle in the Smoothbore Monthly Matches - Answer.....No

Q; Can I use a Smoothbore in the Monthly Rifle Matches - Answer.....Yes

Q; Can I use a Smoothbore or Rifle in the Annual TMA Silhouette Match - Answer.....Yes, provided the caliber does not exceed .62 in either Rifle or Smoothbore.
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Online Winter Hawk

• TMA Contributing Member
Re: October 2018 Postal Match Results
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 09:13:58 PM »
Sheeshs!  I just realized that those of us without smoothies don't get to shoot this month.   :o

I tell you, it's discriminatory against rifle shooters!  Wait until our lawyer gets hold of this.  I foresee a great class action lawsuit coming up, where the attorney gets 90% of the judgement and the rest of us split the left over 10%.  :laffing

Let's see, 90% of %$0.00 is.... hmmm, now carry the one, subtract the 20 and I guess I owe another $15.  Wait, how did THAT happen??? 

By the by, that looks like some good shooting there, fellows.  I don't really want to go up against that, smooth bore or rifle, either one!

~Kees~
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone
USN June 1962-Nov. 65, USS Philip, DD-498

Dues paid to 02 Jan. 2025

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 12:05:05 PM »
~Kees~ the TMA has some mighty fine smoothbore shooters for sure, and many of them can hang right with the rifle shooters! They've certainly outscored me quite a few times, past - present - and no doubt future.  :bl th up  :toast

Offline Axe

• TMA Forum Member
  • TMA: Charter Member #117
  • TMA Member: Membership Expiration 8/5/2019
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2018, 10:02:55 PM »
I think it would be fun to match my TVM fowler against a Brown Bess.
Axe
TMA Member Number 117, Expires 10/15/2019

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2018, 10:25:56 PM »
Guys, I've been doing some reading of our Rules, and I see we only have a caliber restriction on the "TMA Annual Silhouettes Match" not the Smoothbore Matches / or the Monthly Rifle Matches... So Axe, your score is reinstated.    :shake  I still stand by my statement above, "I feel Axe' request speaks highly of the caliber of very good folks we share a Postal Match firing line with."  :shake

Now here is something that will come up eventually;

Q; Can I use a Rifle in the Smoothbore Monthly Matches - Answer.....No

Q; Can I use a Smoothbore in the Monthly Rifle Matches - Answer.....Yes

Q; Can I use a Smoothbore or Rifle in the Annual TMA Silhouette Match - Answer.....Yes, provided the caliber does not exceed .62 in either Rifle or Smoothbore.

Online Winter Hawk

• TMA Contributing Member
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2018, 06:05:37 PM »
Guys, I've been doing some reading of our Rules, and I see we only have a caliber restriction on the "TMA Annual Silhouettes Match"

Okay, so why is there a restriction on the upper end at all?  When I was with the Forest Hills Black Powder Brigade there were restrictions because the big bores destroyed the targets on the woods walk, but for a postal type paper shoot I fail to see the rationale.  Not meaning to come across as a smart donkey, just looking for some enlightenment.

Kees
NMLRA Life
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone
USN June 1962-Nov. 65, USS Philip, DD-498

Dues paid to 02 Jan. 2025