Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: 180 Days  (Read 1401 times)

Offline Uncle Russ

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA Founder. Walk softly & carry a big Smoothbore!
  • TMA Member: Founder / Charter Member #004
Re: 180 Days
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2019, 05:14:50 PM »
Joe, my friend, I kinda hate to break this to you, but...........

Once that retirement takes effect, you're going to wonder how in the world you ever found the time to go to work.  :P

From your daily chores to those things really necessary in life, like hunting, fishing, and shooting, and real emergencies, likely you'll find yourself suddenly wondering if that 4th gun in the rack might have collected a bit of rust, you know, things that really need your immediate attention, things that really matter.
And that's also about the time when your working life's priorities get turned totally upside down....I think I read somewhere that every man needs at least 5 years to adjust to the transition from working to retirement.
But, sadly, some never do because of this thing called money...

Take care, my friend, enjoy your retirement no matter what phase you might find yourself in.

Russ...
It's the many things we don't do that totally sets us apart.
TMA Co-Founder / Charter Member# 4

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2019, 10:18:42 PM »
Now stop scaring me Russ... :lol sign

Oh make no mistake, the little lady has a envelope for me that reads "open when husband retires" and I'm guessing it's the "honey-do" list. For the past several years I've been trying to outsmart her by doing those potential "honey-do's" on my own without guidance. We'll see who caves first...  :pray:

Okay,,, we all know it'll be me,,, but what can I say - I really don't like to cook... :laffing 
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Spotted Bull

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2019, 11:04:13 PM »
Being just a youngster at only 48 years of age, I hope that I can retire in another 15 years or so. That will give me around 25 years of municipal retirement.
I'm hoping to have a small piece of land with a small house, and a big shop and a small RV. Theee is a group of missionaries in the Assembliea of God called RV Mappers. These are retired folks with trade skills that travel the US helping out at churches and Christian campgrounds. So we are hoping to be able to do that once we get to retire. Some of those folks don't even have a permanent home, just their RV's. But the wife said that she won't be doing that.

Good luck Joe. Hope it's a super quick transition.

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2019, 01:24:36 AM »
Thanks Spotted Bull  :shake

I've heard of the group you're referring to. They do good things for sure!  :bl th up

The things I look forward to the most is spending more time with my family, and more time in my workshop tinkering... I did take a BoD seat on Northwest Nebraska Shooters Association (our local gun club) as Secretary. I've been on this BoD off and on over the years as Vice President, President, and Treasurer, so when asked if I would be interested in one of the chairs, I told them I would...

One of the other things I look forward to as well is not having to adjust my work schedule to get time off for my favorite event; Chadron Fur Trade Days each July. I absolutely love going to this event. Crazy as it may sound, it's the one place I go that I get the best night sleep on that old Army cot of mine. And the folks there are top notch for sure!  :hairy

Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Offline Uncle Russ

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA Founder. Walk softly & carry a big Smoothbore!
  • TMA Member: Founder / Charter Member #004
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2019, 01:26:09 AM »
Being just a youngster at only 48 years of age, I hope that I can retire in another 15 years or so. That will give me around 25 years of municipal retirement.
I'm hoping to have a small piece of land with a small house, and a big shop and a small RV. Theee is a group of missionaries in the Assembliea of God called RV Mappers. These are retired folks with trade skills that travel the US helping out at churches and Christian campgrounds. So we are hoping to be able to do that once we get to retire. Some of those folks don't even have a permanent home, just their RV's. But the wife said that she won't be doing that.

Good luck Joe. Hope it's a super quick transition.

David, in my opinion, that is a very Nobel goal.
Hope you and the wife get something worked out there, it does sound like fun, and I do wish you the best in fulfilling that inspiration.

Russ...
It's the many things we don't do that totally sets us apart.
TMA Co-Founder / Charter Member# 4

Online RobD

• TMA Admin
  • TMA President & Contributing Member
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2019, 06:12:38 AM »
when i officially retired from my "real" job back in '97, little did i realize the vacation i was on for those 32 years, where i only worked 5 days a week.  since then, i get to "work" at things i choose and like, every day for 7 days a week.  awesome.  life is good.   :applaud  :*: