Shooting Traditional Firearms and Weapons > General Interest

Ed's Red Bore Cleaner (and other uses)

<< < (2/2)

Winter Hawk:

--- Quote from: Maven on October 13, 2018, 04:30:33 PM ---As for Junior's Lube, I don't doubt it either, and miss Junior too, but have you tried "Stumpy's Moose Snot" (patch lube)?
--- End quote ---

Do you have the proportions to use, or a link where the formula exists?  I'l try anything once....   :laffing

Kees

Uncle Russ:

--- Quote from: Maven" --- *Stumpkiller's original recipe specifies castor oil, but according to him any cooking oil will work, since castor oil isn't so commonly found these days and more costly when you do find it.
--- End quote ---

Once upon a time, in a land far away, there were three Moderators.
There was Stumpkiller, MusketMan, and Zonie.
Stumpkiller, and MusketMan were two of the greatest Moderators around during this time, which would be back around 2002.

Well versed in their trade, they were kind, gracious, and always ready to help the newbie...and newbie numbers ran pretty high back then, and "good" information was often evasive.
We refereed to those days as "The days of separating the wheat from the chafe" because sooo many 'Old Wives Tales" simply refused to die.
Those same Moderators could stop an argument, and the hard feelings that always accompanies harsh works, long before they reached the boiling point....because, above all else, they were trusted.

They were as honest as the day was long, and those virtues promoted harmony on that forum for many years...I would like to thank them for all that, and hope that some day they will stop by for a visit.

Jus'sayin

Russ..

Maven:
Stumpkiller & Zonie are still on that other ML site, Russ and are quite good with respect to knowledge and moderating.

doggoner:
Here is a link that has some good (even great) homemade stuff. It includes Ed's red and some modifications to Ed's red for black powder. Yes I know there are some items for those "other" types of guns, however, the info may be of a help to some of our "crossover type" folks.

http://www.frfrogspad.com/homemade.htm

I have used several of the "goodies" from this site. Great referance. Enjoy--- or not.

doggoner

Ohio Joe:

--- Quote ---Once upon a time, in a land far away, there were three Moderators.
There was Stumpkiller, MusketMan, and Zonie.
Stumpkiller, and MusketMan were two of the greatest Moderators around during this time, which would be back around 2002.
--- End quote ---

Russ, if memory serves,,, I believe I read that MusketMan has passed on into that great traditional muzzleloading gathering that a'waits us all in the hereafter. He truly was a good guy! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version