Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: 2019 TMA Monthly Postal Match Entry Fees & Schedule  (Read 1953 times)

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
2019 TMA Monthly Postal Match Entry Fees & Schedule
« on: October 21, 2018, 10:38:02 AM »
Supporting The TMA Postal Matches Helps All Of Us Here At The TMA To Continue Our Unwavering Commitment Of Supporting Traditional Muzzle Loading. Join Our Team That Knows What Traditional Muzzle Loading Is All About - Join And Support Our TMA Today. 

Entry Fee; (Paid TMA Membership - May Shoot The Monthly Postal Matches For Free) - (Non Paid TMA Visitors May Shoot Our Monthly Postal Matches At A Cost Of $3.00 Per Match)  (NOTE: Everyone (Paid Supporting Member & Visitor) With A Partner Is Eligible To Enter The July "Mike Fink" Partner Shoot At No Charge).

Awards; We Shoot The Monthly Postal Matches For "Bragging Rights Only"

Welcome To The 2019 TMA Monthly Postal Matches!  Our Postal Matches Are Shot On The Honor System. Our Matches Are Shot Offhand (Unless Otherwise Noted) And From 25 & 50 Yards (Unless Otherwise Noted)... You're Not Going To See Many One Hole Groups Under Our Shooting & Primitive Sight Rules. It Can Happen, But Not Very Often When It Comes To Primitive Sights And Offhand Shooting. So Just Hang In There And Enjoy The Matches For What They Are - A Friendly Match Among Friends. 

TMA Sight Rules Apply; 5.e... The AMS Sight Rule will apply as of April 1, 2019... AMS (Any Metallic Sight) may be used in our Postal
Matches to include (Ghost Ring, Peep/Aperture Sights, and Sight Shade) No Sight Magnification Device Is Allowed.

http://tradmla.org/tmaf/index.php?topic=528.msg14926#msg14926

Click this Link for TMA Targets in use; (Download Required Target For Each Monthly Match)

http://traditionalmuzzleloadingassociation.org/TMA-Targets/

2019 TMA Monthly Postal Match Schedule

By entering any or all of the following TMA Postal Matches, you (the competitor), assume all or any risk of participation and also agree to indemnify and hold harmless the TMA, it's agents, Representatives and/or volunteers from any claim for property loss or bodily injury resulting from, you (the competitor), through your participation, and have agreed to this through your participation in these said Postal Matches.

March
25 Yards - Smoothbore - 7 Shots (Best 5 Shots Will Be Scored) - SB-75 Target
25 Yards - Rifle - 5 Shots - SB-PR Target
15 Yards - Handgun - 5 Shots - SB-PR Target
25 Yards - Handgun - 5 Shots - SB-75 Target

April
50 Yards - Rifle - 5 Shots - SB-75 Target

May

June

July
Mike Fink "Partner" Shoot / Offhand - 25 Yards - MF-TC Target (5 Shots Each Team Member) (No Entry Fee Required)

August

September

October

RULES;

All participants (Members & Non Members) are required to print their own target(s) from the Links provided here, in this informational post.

Monthly Matches are shot from the 1st of the Month to the End of the Month. Returned Targets Must Be Post Marked By The Last Day Of The Month They Were Required To Be Shot To Count For Score.

Be Sure The Date And Your Name Is On Your Target(s) & Your Entry Fee(s) In The Envelope With Them...

Handgun And Handgun Sight Rule; Single & Multi Shot Pistols and Revolvers are allowed. Handgun sights must be "as issued" meaning no adapted target sights are allowed. (Absolutely No Muzzle Loading Handguns Built On Modern Handgun Frame's - No Dedicated "Target Pistol Stocks" Allowed)... 

Return Your Target(s) Along With Your Entry Fee(s) To The TMA National Match Director For Scoring;

Paid TMA Members Always Include Your Screen Name & TMA Membership Number On Your Targets, Along With Your Card Expiration Date.
Non Paid Visitors Be Sure To Include Your Screen Name On Your Target(s) And Your $3.00 Entry Fee For Each Target Entered That Month.

Mail To;

For TMA Targets For These Monthly Postal Matches -  Click On The Target Link At The Top Of This Page, or Here;

http://traditionalmuzzleloadingassociation.org/TMA-Targets/

TMA Sight Rules Apply. We Use Rule's 3 & 4 at the following Link;

http://tradmla.org/tmaf/index.php?topic=528.msg14926#msg14926

« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 08:43:24 AM by Ohio Joe »
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Offline prairie dog

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA Member: Contributing Member #678
Re: 2019 TMA Monthly Postal Match Entry Fees & Schedule
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2019, 02:50:48 PM »
I need to get back to practicing my off hand shooting and want to enter the postal matches.  Do I need to sign up somewhere or do I just print the targets, shoot em and mail them back?
Steve Sells

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2019, 08:40:33 PM »
Hi Steve,

For the TMA Monthly Postal Matches - all the information is above.  You will have to print your own targets for the monthly matches (the links to targets is in the above information) and send them to me along with your entry fee if you're not a paid supporting TMA Member.  However, it's way more economical to become a paid TMA Member and shoot in the Monthly Postal Matches at no charge (you will still need to print your own targets for the monthly matches.

The TMA Paper Silhouette Championship Match is open only to paid supporting TMA Members, and from this Match we derive our Annual TMA National Silhouette Champion. - Information on this may be found in a "sticky" at the top of this page. There is a fee for entering the Annual TMA Paper Silhouette Championship Match - and once entered I will send you a Target Packet through the mail along with instructions of when and where to return your Silhouette Targets for entry.

Join in the fun, we have a great time with these matches, and it seems we all learn something along the way as we discuss loads and such as we make our way through these postal matches.  :hairy

Offline prairie dog

• TMA Member: Contributing Member #678
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2019, 11:14:53 AM »
Joe,

Thank you for that clarification.
I haven't shot in monthly matches since I moved away from the Dallas Club and my off-hand shooting has deteriorated because of that.  I need to get back to shooting monthly and a reason to challenge myself to improve.   
Steve Sells

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2019, 08:19:09 PM »
Joe,

Thank you for that clarification.
I haven't shot in monthly matches since I moved away from the Dallas Club and my off-hand shooting has deteriorated because of that.  I need to get back to shooting monthly and a reason to challenge myself to improve.

You are welcome.  :shake

I have found our postal matches to be just the ticket to get back into shooting when winter finally passes and I can get to the Range for some shooting practice to prepare not only for our Paper Silhouette Match, but for my local Rendezvous I attend, and our annual Mike Fink Partner Shoot in July.  Seems like I have to work a bit more each passing year at the Range to get to where I'd like to be - and more times then not I don't get there - but I sure enjoy preparing...  :bl th up :shake

These TMA Postal Matches are a big help, and fun to do.  :hairy

Offline poorboy

• TMA Forum Member
  • TMA: Supporting Member #829
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2019, 05:17:15 PM »
Hellooo the camp, I am a new member and looking forward to starting off with this Postal Match. I will be shooting my flintlock rifle (50cal) and I just finished a complete tune up on the Siler lock and feel good about it but we will see! It will most likely shoot real good if I can hold it still! This ain't my first rodeo but when you get past a certain point in age then all of your talent and know how gets tested all over again. I feel like my first day of school. Wish me luck and hello again. :pray:

Offline Uncle Russ

• TMA Founder. Walk softly & carry a big Smoothbore!
  • TMA Member: Founder / Charter Member #004
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2019, 05:39:31 PM »
Hellooo the camp, I am a new member and looking forward to starting off with this Postal Match. I will be shooting my flintlock rifle (50cal) and I just finished a complete tune up on the Siler lock and feel good about it but we will see! It will most likely shoot real good if I can hold it still! This ain't my first rodeo but when you get past a certain point in age then all of your talent and know how gets tested all over again. I feel like my first day of school. Wish me luck and hello again. :pray:

Welcome poorboy! plumb tickled to have ya with us.
Joe, our match director, will be with you right shortly.

:hairy
It's the many things we don't do that totally sets us apart.
TMA Co-Founder / Charter Member# 4

Online rollingb

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder
  • TMA: Founder
  • TMA Member: TMA Charter Member#6
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2019, 07:44:21 PM »
Welcome to the TMA poorboy!!  :shake  :applaud  :hairy
"An honest man is worth his weight in gold"
For only $1.25 per-month, you too can help preserve our traditional muzzleloading heritage.
TMA Founder
TMA Charter Member #6

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2019, 08:50:00 PM »
Welcome poorboy!!!  :shake

It's great to have you with us! I'm a big fan of the Siler locks, both flint and percussion.

All the info you need to get started in our TMA Monthly Postal Matches is listed above at the top of this page... And,,, as a contributing card carrying member of the TMA, you don't have to pay a monthly entry fee.

The only entry fee a contributing member pays (and only contributing members are allowed to compete in this Match) is our TMA Annual Championship Paper Silhouette Match, and this info can be found in another thread/post above... Here's a Link; http://tradmla.org/tmaf/index.php?topic=22933.msg215238#msg215238

Enjoy the Matches, and if you have any questions, just ask or PM me...  :bl th up

OH!!! Almost forgot, we do have an annual "partner" Mike Fink shoot every July (which can be found in another thread/post),,, so if you want to enter that - go to the 2019 Mike Fink Shoot topic and make a post that you're looking for a partner. We have a'lot of fun with this one, and it's open to members and non-members at no charge. Here's a Link  http://tradmla.org/tmaf/index.php?topic=23060.msg216309#msg216309

:bl th up :shake

Offline SharpStick

• TMA Forum Member
  • TMA: State Represenative, AZ
  • TMA Member: Membership #806 Expires 8/11/2021
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2019, 05:50:30 PM »
Welcome, poorboy!

This is a great place to spend time. Full of knowledge, wisdom and friendship and down right humorous at times.
And its good to see another Zonie here - someone else who can go out shootin' in January.  ;D

The postal matches are fun and a great way to motivate yourself to get out to the range and make smoke.

And when you get over to the 2019 Mike Fink Shoot topic, notice that I'm still lookin' for a partner - hint, hint  ;)

Once again,  :hairy welcome to the TMA.
The trouble with doing things right the first time is no one realizes how hard it was.
Often, however, the following is more applicable.
I stand corrected, a position somewhat painful to achieve, but once there, is quite satisfying.

Posts starting 6/20/20 - 151
Posts ending  9/20/20 - (?)