Tapatalk has been configured for the TraditionalMuzzleloadingAssociation forum and mobile devices!
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for ... YOU! ~ TMA 2019 Postal Match ~ TMA Youth Grant Form
TMA "Got Black Powder?" T-Shirts

Author Topic: Interested in Mountain man Rendezvous or Primitive Encampments in Southeast  (Read 698 times)

Offline LiverEatingJoe

• TMA Forum Member
I'm brand new to muzzleloading and am very interested in the reenactment part of it especially.  I took my family to the Southeast Primitive last October and both my wife and boys want to become more involved.

How can I connect with local groups to find out about events in the NC, TN, GA, SC, etc area?

Online rollingb

• TMA Founder
  • TMA: Co-Founder & Board of Directors.
  • TMA Member: TMA Charter Member#6 Expires 2/28/2020
I'm brand new to muzzleloading and am very interested in the reenactment part of it especially.  I took my family to the Southeast Primitive last October and both my wife and boys want to become more involved.

How can I connect with local groups to find out about events in the NC, TN, GA, SC, etc area?

Hopefully Two Steps notices your question and has some answers for you.  :hairy

I'm from way out here in Kansas, so the only events I have any knowledge of are in KS, CO, WY, and NE.
"An honest man is worth his weight in gold"
For only $1.25 per-month, you too can help preserve our traditional muzzleloading heritage.
TMA Co-Founder
TMA Charter Member #6
TMA BoD

Offline Uncle Russ

• TMA Founder
  • TMA: TMA President
  • TMA Member: Founder / Charter Member#004 Expires 8/12/2020

Welcome LEJ, glad to have you with us.
Pull up a stump and pour yourself a cup of Jo....we're here to help you.
Someone will be along soon with the information you're looking for.

Respectfully, Russ....
A real Mountain Man! I ain't afriaid of nothing!.....except maybe Ladders. Them thar ladders will just flat-out kill ya!
Is your name in "The Hat" for the FREE $50 Gift Certificate??
Anyone interested in becoming a "On-Site TMA Rep." , contact me!
It's the many things we don't do that totally sets us apart.
TMA Co-Founder / Charter Member# 4

Online Oldetexian

• TMA Contributing Member
  • TMA: TMA Supporting Member #831, expiration 4/13/2020
Hey there, Joe. Like you, I am new to TMA. I saw your question and since I live in Virginia I thought I would respond. I didn't see but a couple of other responses so I will tell you the little that I know.

One place for you to look is the TRACK OF THE WOLF. They have an events calendar that allows all reenacting groups to publish their events. I have found that site to be really helpful. There are events throughout the SE and they are happening several times a month.

Hope this helps. Have fun. This can be a terrific family hobby.
"fiat justitia ruat caelum"
(let justice be done though the heavens fall)

Ray Buchanan

Online doggoner

• TMA: Supporting Member # 687
  • TMA Member: Membership Expiration; 9/26/2019
"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," --Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

Online Oldetexian

Hey Liver Eatin Joe...APOLOGIES! I screwed up when I posted that Track of the Wolf had an events calendar. They do not... I was thinking about CRAZY CROW TRADING POST. They're the ones who list all the events, and they have a ton of them listed in the South and Southeast. Sorry for misspeaking earlier. Hope this helps ya!

Ray Buchanan

Online rollingb

• TMA Founder
For only $1.25 per-month, you too can help preserve our traditional muzzleloading heritage.
TMA Co-Founder
TMA Charter Member #6
TMA BoD

Online Oldetexian

Great! Thanks for the info. Definitely no lack of opportunities...

Ray Buchanan

Online Ohio Joe

• TMA Founder
  • TMA: National Match Director
  • TMA Member: TMA Charter Member#008 Expires 9/26/2020
http://www.talking-bear.com/events.htm  :hairy

Rondo, I was surprised not to see "Chadron Fur Trade Days" on the list. Maybe they just assume since it's been around for 45+ years they didn't need to advertise the annual event?

Great site for sure! That one up in the Black Hills looked pretty interesting!  :shake
Ohio Joe
Membership Expiration: 9/26/2020
Officially Retired Old Farts Club
TMA Co-Founder - Charter Member #8
TMA National Match Director

Online Nessmuk

• TMA Member: Supporting Member #821. Membership expires 1/1/2020
Thanks, Rondo. I bookmarked "Talking   Bear" immediately .  Found 3 events to help me get started.
I'm  not  H/C or P/C or even a particularly  good shot but I have a hell of a good time!

Online rollingb

• TMA Founder
http://www.talking-bear.com/events.htm  :hairy

Rondo, I was surprised not to see "Chadron Fur Trade Days" on the list. Maybe they just assume since it's been around for 45+ years they didn't need to advertise the annual event?

Great site for sure! That one up in the Black Hills looked pretty interesting!  :shake

Joe,.... I've noticed the (sometimes) lack of info,...... I'm not sure why it is, but you're probably right.  :*:  :hairy
TMA Co-Founder
TMA Charter Member #6
TMA BoD

Offline Flinchlock

• Oft muß Mann "zum Teufel damit"
    • reenactor.Net
  • TMA Member: TMA Member #819. Membership expiration 11/24/2022
Have any of you guys ever checked out Smoke & Fire News? Great events calendar and they sell cool stuff too. Go to https://www.smoke-fire.com Just great to deal with also.
Marsh Wise
Ah likes flintlocks, but any gun is good -- okay, guns that hurt to shoot aren't good.

Head Village Idiot at www.reenactor.Net and www.romanobritain.org

Online Oldetexian

Hey Flinch. Thanks for the suggestion. I remember Fire & Smoke from my earlier muzzleloading days now that you mentioned it, but had completely forgotten it. I will definitely check it out. Again, thanks!

Ray Buchanan

Offline Uncle Russ

• TMA Founder
  • TMA: TMA President
  • TMA Member: Founder / Charter Member#004 Expires 8/12/2020
Have any of you guys ever checked out Smoke & Fire News? Great events calendar and they sell cool stuff too. Go to https://www.smoke-fire.com Just great to deal with also.

Hi Flinch.......we ran advertisements in Smoke & Fire for several years. We more recently turned to Muzzleloader Magazine due to a wider much larger subscription base.
Thanks for the comment, all such comments are well taken.   :toast :bow.
A real Mountain Man! I ain't afriaid of nothing!.....except maybe Ladders. Them thar ladders will just flat-out kill ya!
Is your name in "The Hat" for the FREE $50 Gift Certificate??
Anyone interested in becoming a "On-Site TMA Rep." , contact me!
It's the many things we don't do that totally sets us apart.
TMA Co-Founder / Charter Member# 4

Online Oldetexian

Hey Russ. Is it cost prohibitive to run adds in both Muzzleloader and Fire & Smoke News? If so I understand, but it seems the more coverage we have to more hits we will get. However, that being said, if our ads in Fire & Smoke News were not generating any traffic it's a waste of our gold.

Ray Buchanan