Your TMA Officers and Board of Directors
Support the TMA! ~ Traditional Muzzleloaders ~ The TMA is here for YOU!
*** JOIN in on the TMA 2024 POSTAL MATCH *** it's FREE for ALL !

For TMA related products, please check out the new TMA Store !

The Flintlock Paper

*** Folk Firearms Collective Videos ***

Author Topic: Trekking Video  (Read 1782 times)

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
Trekking Video
« on: October 20, 2019, 09:05:25 PM »
I ran across this trekking video today and thought it might be helpful to some of you who are considering (or are already) into trekking.

You guys that do the trekking as a hobby / pastime, may want to expand on this with your idea's and the way you do things.

I will admit that I have often thought about getting into trekking  - but I've yet to take the plunge so to speak.  :shake

Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Offline Flinchlock

• TMA Forum Member
  • Oft muß Mann "zum Teufel damit"
    • reenactor.Net
  • TMA Member: TMA Member #819. Membership expiration 11/24/2022
Re: Trekking Video
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 09:33:40 PM »
He has nice videos. Thanks for that. I subscribed.
Marsh Wise
Ah likes flintlocks, but any gun is good -- okay, guns that hurt to shoot aren't good.

Head Village Idiot at www.reenactor.Net and www.romanobritain.org

Offline AxelP

• TMA Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2019, 05:26:04 PM »
He has a nice kit. I have done "trekking" and walk-in camps with similar gear. The only thing I do differently is I will add an additional blanket or two because I am in higher elevations and the temps often get below freezing at night. I also wrap my bedroll in an oilcloth which can be handy should there be rain or morning dew.

It can be daunting sleeping out with only a couple blankets the first time. But the more you do it, the easier it gets. Its pretty amazing what a person can adapt to. Your confidence level will increase and you will have many stories to tell of warm fires, cold nights and nasty weather. I encourage all who have thought about it to give it a try at least a few times. If nothing else it will make you appreciate what you have.

K

Offline Ohio Joe

• TMA BoD
  • TMA Founder / Charter Member# 8
  • TMA Member: Founder
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2019, 07:21:42 PM »
There's a lot more to Trekking then a person would think... A lot different then just parking the ol' pickup and setting off into the woods for the day, just scouting or hunting. I think an over night'er would be fun, but I'll wait for better weather for something like that... Rendezvous has made me soft... :lol sign

AxelP is right,,, got to give it a try someday.
Chadron Fur Trade Days Rendezvous / "Ol' Candle Snuffer"
"Museum of the Fur Trade" Chadron, Nebraska

Offline Oldetexian

• TMA BoD
  • TMA: Virginia State Rep.
  • TMA Member: TMA Supporting Member #831, expiration 4/17/2021
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2019, 11:42:32 AM »
There's a lot more to Trekking then a person would think... A lot different then just parking the ol' pickup and setting off into the woods for the day, just scouting or hunting. I think an over night'er would be fun, but I'll wait for better weather for something like that... Rendezvous has made me soft... :lol sign

AxelP is right,,, got to give it a try someday.

I agree...Want to do a short hunting/trek before end of hunting season...at least that's my hope. Just a couple nights, but I am working on the plans as we speak.
Virginia State Rep.
TMA BoD

"fiat justitia ruat caelum"
(let justice be done though the heavens fall)

Ray Buchanan